Thread poster: Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 3, 2014

I have Word 2003, and I want to put Bates numbers on every other page. The Bates numbers go up one number per two pages of text and are stamped only on the odd pages. I don't know how to make the numbering work for every two pages, instead of every one page. I know how to use headers and footers and put in page numbers. (Instead of real Bates numbers, I will use a different font and space the digits out a bit. I have the numbering start on the last two digits of the Bates number, so I can get th... See more
I have Word 2003, and I want to put Bates numbers on every other page. The Bates numbers go up one number per two pages of text and are stamped only on the odd pages. I don't know how to make the numbering work for every two pages, instead of every one page. I know how to use headers and footers and put in page numbers. (Instead of real Bates numbers, I will use a different font and space the digits out a bit. I have the numbering start on the last two digits of the Bates number, so I can get them to go up one at a time within the header)
If I can't figure this out, I will have to put the Bates Number outside of the header, but the problem with that is that the Bates number goes on the top right, so I really need it in the header.
I will be appreciative of any help; I have researched on line and within this forum.
Thank you,
Jessica
Collapse

Francesca Bernardis
Francesca Bernardis  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:09
Member (2010)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
I haven't tried, but May 3, 2014

here's what I found via Google:

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/page-numbering-even-page-only-t894601.html

Does it help?

Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect May 3, 2014

Thank you, Francesca!
I really appreciate your help with this. Now I can move forward on this project.
I am very impressed with your search skills! I wish you much happy translating,
Jessica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bates-type numbers on alternate pages

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »