Thread poster: LauMelidoni
LauMelidoni
LauMelidoni
Argentina
Local time: 22:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 26, 2006

I have Trados 6.5, and office 2003. I used a word file with trados last week. I wanted to use its again yesterdy but Trados Icons have disappeared from Word tool bar. It is seems as if trados have been erased from word. I reinstalled everything even the office, but Trados icons have not appeared...Though i can use it with for the other applications!
Any idea?? If you know the answer please answer to [email protected]
THANKS

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:16
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Options -> Templates and macros Sep 27, 2006

Sometimes Trados' template for Word becomes switched off. Go to Options -> Templates and macros in the Word menu and look at the Templates tabs (I trasnlate from the Russian UI, so actual menu item names may differ in your Word). Make sure that there is trados6.dot in the list and the box left to it is ticked.

Trevor Butcher
Trevor Butcher
Local time: 03:16
English
Have you looked at your toolbar list? Sep 27, 2006

Hi,

Have you tried right-mouse-clicking in the toolbar area of Word to bring up the toolbar list? It might be that Trados is there, just the toolbar is not set to be visible.

Trevor

LauMelidoni
LauMelidoni
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!!!! Sep 27, 2006

esperantisto wrote:

Sometimes Trados' template for Word becomes switched off. Go to Options -> Templates and macros in the Word menu and look at the Templates tabs (I trasnlate from the Russian UI, so actual menu item names may differ in your Word). Make sure that there is trados6.dot in the list and the box left to it is ticked.

Oh!Thanks! It was driving me crazy!!! I can't believe it, it worked...

LauMelidoni
LauMelidoni
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done already! Sep 27, 2006

Trevor Butcher wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried right-mouse-clicking in the toolbar area of Word to bring up the toolbar list? It might be that Trados is there, just the toolbar is not set to be visible.

Trevor

Thanks, Trevor, I had done this already! Anyway, it is now solved! It was Templates matter!

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 03:16
English to Swedish
+ ...
Search the forum Sep 27, 2006

This is an FAQ, and has been answered before.
It's a problem of Word dropping the connections to the Trados7.DOT macro, which should be re-mapped as suggested.

Search the forum and you'll find more details!

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No trados icons in word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »