Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:57
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 6, 2006

Hi all,

I have a Word doc, that has been edited with Track Changes. In addition, several reviewers have added comments.

The names of the reviewers are visible in two areas:
1. Those who made changes pop up when I place the mouse pointer over the red (altered) text.
2. Those who placed comments are listed in the comment window at the bottom of Word.

My question is: how can I edit the names/initials of all reviewers (not just myself)?

... See more
Hi all,

I have a Word doc, that has been edited with Track Changes. In addition, several reviewers have added comments.

The names of the reviewers are visible in two areas:
1. Those who made changes pop up when I place the mouse pointer over the red (altered) text.
2. Those who placed comments are listed in the comment window at the bottom of Word.

My question is: how can I edit the names/initials of all reviewers (not just myself)?

I know this question has been up before, but Tools>Options>User Information doesn't give me access to the reviewers' names.
http://www.proz.com/post/362034#362034

Thanks in advance,

Jan
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Editing names? Nov 6, 2006

You can't edit them, afaik (except with a hex editor maybe), but you can anonymize the document if that is what you're looking for.

There is a setting under Tools -> Options -> Security named "Remove personal information from document properties when saving" (or similar) that will anonymize all comments & change marks.

Try it and let us know if that fixed your problem.

HTH,
Benjamin

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 6, 2006

Hi Benjamin,

You lead me on the right track.

I found this link:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trackchanges/HowTrackChangesWorks.html#Security

It doesn't seem like I can edit the name, just like you said, but I'll have to make do with anonymizing them...

The FAQ also points to a Microsoft plugin call
... See more
Hi Benjamin,

You lead me on the right track.

I found this link:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trackchanges/HowTrackChangesWorks.html#Security

It doesn't seem like I can edit the name, just like you said, but I'll have to make do with anonymizing them...

The FAQ also points to a Microsoft plugin called "Remove Hidden Data tool":
Did anybody try this tool?

/Jan
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Remove Hidden Data Tool Nov 6, 2006

Jan Sundström wrote:

The FAQ also points to a Microsoft plugin called "Remove Hidden Data tool":
Did anybody try this tool?

Yes, and I faintly remember it kinda sucked.

B

(Ah yes, first of all it's not just a little exe program you can launch but requires installation, unnecessarily integrates itself into your system and lastly it removes ALL data, including "File Properties" your clients may still require)

[Edited at 2006-11-06 16:11]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edit name of reviewers in Word 2003?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »