Pages sur ce sujet:   [1 2] >
Request! let us post the client's proof!
Auteur du fil: toptrans
toptrans
toptrans
Inde
Local time: 10:00
anglais vers hindi
+ ...
Aug 23, 2004

Hello All,
Is there a way in proz.com to post our client's mail, when there is a real quality issue on the translation done, and when the translation is rejected....
We are requesting this because, we are facing problems/treats from translators who have really done miserable jobs and demanding the payments.
It is very sad if they give a negative note on our company when we really do not deserve them....
So is there any way to sort this out.
We have received 2 such t
... See more
Hello All,
Is there a way in proz.com to post our client's mail, when there is a real quality issue on the translation done, and when the translation is rejected....
We are requesting this because, we are facing problems/treats from translators who have really done miserable jobs and demanding the payments.
It is very sad if they give a negative note on our company when we really do not deserve them....
We have received 2 such treats last week...
We hope to find a suitable solution.
Regards
Tina
Project Manager
Top Translators
Bangalore,India
www.toptranslators.net

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-23 15:16]
Collapse

AngyNc
AngyNc
États-Unis
Local time: 00:30
anglais vers français
+ ...
you get what you pay for ... Aug 23, 2004

toptrans wrote:

Hello All,
We have received 2 such treats last week...
We hope to find a suitable solution.
Regards
Tina
Project Manager
Top Translators
Bangalore,India
www.toptranslators.net[/quote]

If you are one of those agencies that pay $0.025 per word I don't think you can get better than a miserable job.
If this is not your case, may be you are right, you should be able to tell your side of the story.

Angelita

RWSTranslati (X)
RWSTranslati (X)
Allemagne
Local time: 06:30
allemand vers anglais
+ ...
BlueBoard Answer Aug 23, 2004

Hello,

you can give an answer in the BlueBoard ranking.

If there is a form posting yopu can answer like every other.

I think it ins't a good idea to send the clients answer directly. Maybe your client isn't realy happy to read this on Proz.

Why do you have so much trouble with your translators ? Is there a special reason ?

With kind regards

Hans

mónica alfonso
mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:30
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
MHO Aug 23, 2004

[...translators who have really done miserable jobs and demanding the payments...]

Hi, Tina.

I don't know whether there is a means for you to solve your issue (let's see what MODERATORS have to say), but I would like to take this opportunity to make a few comments, perhaps not in order of importance.

1) Firstly, whether you will have to pay for a poor job depends on the contract signed. So, be careful as regards this point.
2) Getting good quality tr
... See more
[...translators who have really done miserable jobs and demanding the payments...]

Hi, Tina.

I don't know whether there is a means for you to solve your issue (let's see what MODERATORS have to say), but I would like to take this opportunity to make a few comments, perhaps not in order of importance.

1) Firstly, whether you will have to pay for a poor job depends on the contract signed. So, be careful as regards this point.
2) Getting good quality translators GREATLY depends on the RATES you are ready to pay for the job. Low rates generally tempt people without experience/background/work... Second point to be careful about.
3) An agency should have sound means of testing people previous to giving them actual jobs to do. This point should not be forgotten either.

Regards,
Mónica Alfonso
Collapse

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Pologne
Membre (2004)
anglais vers polonais
+ ...
Are you referring to the Blue Board rating? Aug 23, 2004

If you are referring to the BB rating of your company, you should contact one of the Jobs Moderators explaining your problem. Also, you can respond to any rating on the BB.
There is no way to publish mails from clients or anything like that, but if you feel you received rating you don't deserve, please ask Jobs Moderators to intervene.

Magda

... See more
If you are referring to the BB rating of your company, you should contact one of the Jobs Moderators explaining your problem. Also, you can respond to any rating on the BB.
There is no way to publish mails from clients or anything like that, but if you feel you received rating you don't deserve, please ask Jobs Moderators to intervene.

Magda

PS. I'm moving this topic to jobs forum
Collapse

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chili
espagnol vers anglais
+ ...
You do get what you pay for Aug 23, 2004

toptrans wrote:

I just looked at your profile, and your top rate to the client shows US$ 0.05 per word. That means you cannot afford to pay more than US$ 0.03 per word (tops) to the translator and US$ 0.01 to the editor/proofreader.

With those rates, you are going to get the bottom of the barrel. Perhaps what you need to do is increase your rates and then you will be able to afford decent translators.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlande
Local time: 07:30
Membre (2003)
finnois vers allemand
+ ...
Your quality management is not functioning Aug 23, 2004

When you pay 0,02 USD per word and send the text to the client without revision its your fault (I viewed your job postings). And your clients deserve no better when they engage agencies which are not able to provide proofreading but promise top translator's services.
It's a global market, I know.

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
anglais vers français
+ ...
Your client has to learn Aug 23, 2004

Tell your client: What do you expect for that money? a qualified translator?

Best,
Esther

Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
français vers anglais
Agency's responsibility to vet translators Aug 23, 2004

Dear Toptrans,

In my opinion, the agency must vet translators prior to using them on large or urgent jobs. This can be done by testing (for translators who agree to provide free tests; I usually don't except on rare occasions) or by outsourcing a small, non-urgent job on a paid basis so that the agency has time to correct/have it redone if it is a disaster. The vetting process is part of the agency's cost of doing business.

Monica made good point about the contract you
... See more
Dear Toptrans,

In my opinion, the agency must vet translators prior to using them on large or urgent jobs. This can be done by testing (for translators who agree to provide free tests; I usually don't except on rare occasions) or by outsourcing a small, non-urgent job on a paid basis so that the agency has time to correct/have it redone if it is a disaster. The vetting process is part of the agency's cost of doing business.

Monica made good point about the contract you sign with the subcontracting translator. If you really do want to avoid payment in the event of quality issues, you would have to get the translator to sign a contract to that effect (I personally wouldn't sign such a contract).

Otherwise, I think that it is clear; it is just good business practice to pay for the work that was done and then take it as a lesson to either change subcontractors or change the conditions you are offering in order to ensure better quality next time.

I also agree with the previous postings in thinking that there is something to be said for rates--regardless of the global economy, I find it hard to believe you can get quality work at rock-bottom prices, even from translators living in low-cost countries.

I hope you decide to pay up and that you solve your quality problems quickly!

Regards,
Sara
Collapse

Patricia Posadas
Patricia Posadas  Identity Verified
Espagne
Local time: 05:30
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
17 positive ratings for this agency however... Aug 23, 2004

With 17 good ratings out of 19, I think this agency has some credibility... that's why I'd like to give my +/- views on this:

- It is the agency's job to get good translators and ensure quality.

- Too low rates = fewer chances of getting a good job but high rates do not guarantee quality.

- A translator must try to do a good job whatever the rate (s)he accepted. Once you accept a rate you are responsible for doing a good job.

- The agency c
... See more
With 17 good ratings out of 19, I think this agency has some credibility... that's why I'd like to give my +/- views on this:

- It is the agency's job to get good translators and ensure quality.

- Too low rates = fewer chances of getting a good job but high rates do not guarantee quality.

- A translator must try to do a good job whatever the rate (s)he accepted. Once you accept a rate you are responsible for doing a good job.

- The agency can't omit payment unless this was agreed with the translator or unless the translator didn't do the job at all.
Collapse

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Grèce
Local time: 07:30
italien vers danois
+ ...
Agree with Patricia Aug 23, 2004

If a translator accepts to do the job, he/she is responsible for the quality of the translation whatever the rate.

If the agency is not satisfied, they could demand that the translation be done again correctly at no further cost.

You cannot expect to offer a Rolls Royce, deliver a Fiat 500, and still get your money! That goes for agencies... AND translators!

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexique
Local time: 22:30
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
You may post the clients email in the forums Aug 23, 2004

Just make sure the names are replaced with XXX etc. before anyone knows about whom you are talking.

And consider the relation between rates and quality.

[Edited at 2004-08-23 15:58]

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chili
Membre (2002)
espagnol vers français
+ ...
Disagree Aug 23, 2004

Harry,

I object publishing the clients' email because we already know whom it's about.

Thank you Harry for editing your post. My comment was more general not aimed only at yours.

I see that some comments of this thread judging the initial poster's way of working are not far from being attacks (which are forbidden by the rules).
Give your opinion without judging.
Thanks

Claudia

[Edited at 2004-08-23 16:10]

mónica alfonso
mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:30
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
I agree with Patricia and with Dinny, but... Aug 23, 2004

You say
If a translator accepts to do the job, he/she is responsible for the quality of the translation whatever the rate.

But don't you think a bad quality translator would not be the perfect judge for stating what is a good quality work?

Of course a good translator would not render a poor quality job whatever the circumstances may be. Most of us have even translated for free in certain cases, and that does not mean that we have chosen using a lower quality fo
... See more
You say

But don't you think a bad quality translator would not be the perfect judge for stating what is a good quality work?

Of course a good translator would not render a poor quality job whatever the circumstances may be. Most of us have even translated for free in certain cases, and that does not mean that we have chosen using a lower quality for our work.

Low quality translators cannot choose either, methinks...
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Allemagne
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
Refrain from posting client correspondence in the forum Aug 23, 2004

Hi Tina and all,
Sorry for joining the discussion a bit late, but I was out of the office all afternoon.

Certainly the ProZ.com forum is no place to conduct such a discussion. As was pointed out several times, outsourcers have the opportunity to respond to BlueBoard ratings. Unless ratings or responses constitute personal attacks, neither ProZ.com staff nor moderators will intervene with this 1-to-1 exchange. I can see that you responded - that's that.

If there we
... See more
Hi Tina and all,
Sorry for joining the discussion a bit late, but I was out of the office all afternoon.

Certainly the ProZ.com forum is no place to conduct such a discussion. As was pointed out several times, outsourcers have the opportunity to respond to BlueBoard ratings. Unless ratings or responses constitute personal attacks, neither ProZ.com staff nor moderators will intervene with this 1-to-1 exchange. I can see that you responded - that's that.

If there were quality issues (and provided these were addressed properly and without delay upon delivery of the translation), please contact the Jobs coordinators. Note the relevant section of the BB FAQ:

2. What are the conditions for entering a client review?

You may only enter reviews for clients with whom you have worked on a project or to whom you delivered a test translation. You may not enter reviews solely on the basis of negotations or other preliminary interactions.

If you have worked on a project with a client but were late or otherwise negligent in delivering work, you may not enter a rating for that client.

HTH - best regards, Ralf
Collapse

Pages sur ce sujet:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Request! let us post the client's proof!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »