Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Tsjechië
Local time: 23:26
Engels naar Tsjechisch
+ ...
No change Mar 13, 2005

Henry wrote:

I clarified profile and blue board links. Do you find it to be convenient and intuitive now? Or not yet?

Hi Henry,

I probably wasn't clear enough. I mean the "simple" search using the Search field in the left column. Enter an agency name, check "Clients" and press "Go". In the search results, the searched term is bold, but only the small blue squares to the left from the agency names are clickable. I think the whole agency name should be a hyperlink. It still works the same way as yesterday.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 17:26
OPRICHTER SITE
ONDERWERPSTARTER
OK, got it now Hynek Mar 13, 2005

Sorry, I misunderstood. I have made the change now. Thanks!

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Tsjechië
Engels naar Tsjechisch
+ ...
That's it Mar 13, 2005

Great, thank you, Henry.

Isabelita Echevarria Prengel
Isabelita Echevarria Prengel  Identity Verified
Spanje
Duits naar Spaans
+ ...
Message to Henry Mar 13, 2005

Thank you Henry,

I got my password to access the Blue Board, and it works very well.

Isabelle))

Isabelita Echevarria Prengel
Isabelita Echevarria Prengel  Identity Verified
Spanje
Duits naar Spaans
+ ...
Free access to BB Mar 13, 2005

Hynek Palatin wrote:

Great, thank you, Henry.

I already said thanks, but I cannot find my comment, so I do it one more time: Thanks Henry,

Isabelle

ttagir
ttagir  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:26
Lid 2002
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
Maybe, reduce slightly the font size in "Past Job Posting" right rectangle? Mar 13, 2005

or slightly increase its width at the expense of the lefter column(s)?
Probably: the dates in bold and posting in Italic?
Possibly: 5 would be a good limit for last job postings by an outsourcer (however, this could be also stated in the header, thus giving a general idea on how frequently the outsourcer outsources:))? If somebody needs more info, simply clicks on "more info".
As for the new design and "physcal" view: yours are simply the great! Very usefull and very well do
... See more
or slightly increase its width at the expense of the lefter column(s)?
Probably: the dates in bold and posting in Italic?
Possibly: 5 would be a good limit for last job postings by an outsourcer (however, this could be also stated in the header, thus giving a general idea on how frequently the outsourcer outsources:))? If somebody needs more info, simply clicks on "more info".
As for the new design and "physcal" view: yours are simply the great! Very usefull and very well done! Speed is improved visibly (although, I upgraded my PC this weekend, as well:)).
Yours,
Tagir.
Collapse

Lucinda Hollenberg
Lucinda Hollenberg  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:26
Nederlands naar Engels
+ ...
Blue Board Mar 14, 2005

Hi Henry,

Thanks for putting it aside for another look.

Hi Ralph,

YOu are right; the comments tell more than just a number. I do look at the comments. Having the LWA numbers available with the job would just help me to decide whether it is worth giving the comments a look or not.

Also, for a non-platinum member it would mean: Is it worth that I spend my brownieZ? I would not even have to waste a look one a LWA of '1' and not even bother with a
... See more
Hi Henry,

Thanks for putting it aside for another look.

Hi Ralph,

YOu are right; the comments tell more than just a number. I do look at the comments. Having the LWA numbers available with the job would just help me to decide whether it is worth giving the comments a look or not.

Also, for a non-platinum member it would mean: Is it worth that I spend my brownieZ? I would not even have to waste a look one a LWA of '1' and not even bother with applying to that job.

Lucinda
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
OPRICHTER SITE
ONDERWERPSTARTER
That was part of the problem, Lucinda Mar 14, 2005

Lucinda wrote:

... I would not even have to waste a look one a LWA of '1' and not even bother with applying to that job.

Actually, that was part of the problem. A person could enter a "1" and effectively be "anonymous" to the portion of the community that would not click through. A few people (feuding companies in two cases, if I remember correctly) took advantage of the loophole. That is why showing numbers without the rest of the data is something we had to discontinue after about two days.

Pavel Buglak
Pavel Buglak  Identity Verified
Oekraïne
Local time: 00:26
Engels naar Russisch
+ ...
Free access to the Blue Board Mar 14, 2005

Hi Henry,

Thank you for free access to BB.
I visited it and I think that information is very usefull.

I will visit regularly this section of your site in the future.

The only question I have - is there any section, where the customers and agencies could post their comments on the quality of translations and their ratings of freelance translators?

This could help to the customer and any agency to find skilled translator much faster and at
... See more
Hi Henry,

The only question I have - is there any section, where the customers and agencies could post their comments on the quality of translations and their ratings of freelance translators?

This could help to the customer and any agency to find skilled translator much faster and at reasonable price.

I think the system of Browniz and Kudoz does not really show if the translator is competent or not.

For example I am working with 4 agencies at the moment (Turkey, Canada, India, Estonia) and I have only 15 Kudoz points and 41 Browniz. I should say I don`t really have the time to answer questions or smth.

So, there is no real relation between these parameters and skills of translator.

If there were the system of such comments and rating I think I would do my best to gain such valuable capital to have more clients after all.

Best Regards,

Pavel Buglak
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Engels naar Duits
+ ...
very innovative Mar 14, 2005

Hi Henry,
I find the BB very innovative and has a very good overview. Couldn´t be better.
Rgds,
Brandis

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
OPRICHTER SITE
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Thanks for the feedback, Pavel Mar 14, 2005

Pavel wrote:

Hi Henry,

This could help to the customer and any agency to find skilled translator much faster and at reasonable price.

I think the system of Browniz and Kudoz does not really show if the translator is competent or not.

For example I am working with 4 agencies at the moment (Turkey, Canada, India, Estonia) and I have only 15 Kudoz points and 41 Browniz. I should say I don`t really have the time to answer questions or smth.

So, there is no real relation between these parameters and skills of translator.

If there were the system of such comments and rating I think I would do my best to gain such valuable capital to have more clients after all.

Thanks for the feedback, Pavel. It is interesting to note that the greatest beneficiaries of the current Blue Board (a database of outsourcers) are the top outsourcers. I believe the same will be true of a properly designed database of translators with track records. There have been several discussions on this topic, and we intend to begin working with the community to produce something--hopefully you will participate again at that time.

Pagina's in het onderwerp:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue board update and invitation to all members to try it free for the weekend

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »