Автор темы: maryrose
maryrose
maryrose  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:17
английский
+ ...
Jul 17, 2006

Hi all

Has anyone bought Dragon on ebay? I have seen numerous offers of version 8 for very cheap prices - you know the old saying about "if it seems too good to be true ..."

Consumer sites I've visited say that ebay is generally OK for software, ie, it's the real thing, but I am still hesitant. Has anyone tried it?

Cheers

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Перу
Local time: 22:47
Член ProZ.com
испанский
+ ...
Check the seller's feedback Jul 17, 2006

If it sounds too good to be true, it problably is. But you never know, I would check the seller's feedback and even contact past buyers. But rember that buying used software off Ebay can be tricky since some companies won't transfer the warranty and even upgrading the software could be a nightmare. I would also contact Nuance first and ask them about their policy on used software.

Good luck,
Claudia

[Edit
... See more
If it sounds too good to be true, it problably is. But you never know, I would check the seller's feedback and even contact past buyers. But rember that buying used software off Ebay can be tricky since some companies won't transfer the warranty and even upgrading the software could be a nightmare. I would also contact Nuance first and ask them about their policy on used software.

Good luck,
Claudia

[Edited at 2006-07-17 04:54]
Collapse

Laura Iovanna
Laura Iovanna
Local time: 05:47
английский => итальянский
+ ...
too good to be true... :-) Jul 17, 2006

maryrose wrote:

Hi all

Has anyone bought Dragon on ebay? I have seen numerous offers of version 8 for very cheap prices - you know the old saying about "if it seems too good to be true ..."

Consumer sites I've visited say that ebay is generally OK for software, ie, it's the real thing, but I am still hesitant. Has anyone tried it?

Cheers

I was trying to do the same a month ago, I was impressed by cheap prices, good feedbacks from previous buyers... Therefore I contacted 2 potential sellers.. the result was that they both told me right from the beginning (and I appreciated the fact that they did not try to cheat me) that it is not original, second-hand software!!! It is illegal software with crack codes... therefore I gave up!

I hope it helps you in your decision
Laura

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Buying Dragon NaturallySpeaking on ebay

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »