keshab  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:53
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Oct 22, 2004

i have bengali unicode ekushey.
i faced a problem when i try to convert a document written in bengali script into pdf format.whenever i do that,some characters or symbols of bengali is missing in pdf file.how can i get rid of this problem?

Syeda Tanbira Zaman
Syeda Tanbira Zaman
English to Assamese
+ ...
Same problem here. Oct 22, 2004

Hi Keshab,

That was only to be expected. Whether you use EKUSHEY or AVRO, turning UNICODE into PDF has always been a problem. I use PDF995 and it can not deliver. May be there are some other PDF converters which can convert UNICODE characters.

Saleh Chowdhury, Ph.D.
Saleh Chowdhury, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Bangladesh
Local time: 12:23
Member (2004)
English to Bengali
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Adobe do not provide unicode support completely Oct 23, 2004

Until now, most of the Adobe products (like acrobat, photoshop etc.) do not support Unicode. If you try any non-unicode Bengali font, there would be no problem to convert it into pdf document.

Syeda Tanbira Zaman
Syeda Tanbira Zaman
English to Assamese
+ ...
I have found the answer. Dec 24, 2004

Saleh Chowdhury wrote:

Until now, most of the Adobe products (like acrobat, photoshop etc.) do not support Unicode. If you try any non-unicode Bengali font, there would be no problem to convert it into pdf document.

Use PDF995 for conversion and AA Reader6 for reading.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem to create pdf file for bengali unicode

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »