Thread poster: Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:38
English
+ ...
Apr 20, 2009

Does anyone here use Dragon 10 and Metatexis?

I used to use Dragon 7 with Metatexis on an old PC, and it worked fine. Then, when 8 came out, I tried upgrading and found it wouldn't work with Metatexis. It would always return to the first sentence on the first page after every utterance, rather than continue on to the next translation unit. I deleted it and went back to 7.

I now have a new PC and I can't install V.7 because Dragon 7 claims I haven't enough memory to run
... See more
Does anyone here use Dragon 10 and Metatexis?

I used to use Dragon 7 with Metatexis on an old PC, and it worked fine. Then, when 8 came out, I tried upgrading and found it wouldn't work with Metatexis. It would always return to the first sentence on the first page after every utterance, rather than continue on to the next translation unit. I deleted it and went back to 7.

I now have a new PC and I can't install V.7 because Dragon 7 claims I haven't enough memory to run it (perhaps because 4gigas of RAM was unheard of back in V.7 days). So, it looks like I'll have to solve this problem by acquiring V.10. But I am worreid it won't work with MT which is my main translation workhorse.

Anyone able to reassure me?
Collapse

Fabio Salsi
Fabio Salsi  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 07:38
English to Italian
+ ...
word based CAT tools and Go to beginning of file error Apr 20, 2009

Hi.
I had the same problem with Trados. The solution was to do a search and relace in the text for a given string. For instance try to look for something like "rurijjeg949utjmituc8tchgme8", after I did that the "go to beginning of file" error disappeared. I do not the reason wh this happened but the solution worked. You have to do it everytime you open a new file though.

Regards,

Fabio Salsi

Benno Groeneveld
Benno Groeneveld  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:38
English to Dutch
+ ...
Also works for WordFast, Apr 20, 2009

this nonsense string search.

Don't ask why, it's a computer thing after all.

[Edited at 2009-04-20 18:26 GMT]

Berni Armstrong
Spain
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Fabio & Benno Apr 20, 2009

But which version of Dragon were you using guys?

I'd kinda hoped they might have sorted that out by V.10. Wonder why V.7 never did that.

Berni Armstrong
Spain
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update May 15, 2009

I went for Version 10 (UK English) Standard and I am pleased to report that it is working fine with MT. None of the problems I reported with an earlier version.

V.10 certainly seems more accurate and faster too. I am sure it will up my production considerably. Now, how about a Catalan version Nuance???? (*)

(*) Er.. Actually... I wrote them about that and they informed me there are no plans for a Catalan version at the moment...
See more
I went for Version 10 (UK English) Standard and I am pleased to report that it is working fine with MT. None of the problems I reported with an earlier version.

V.10 certainly seems more accurate and faster too. I am sure it will up my production considerably. Now, how about a Catalan version Nuance???? (*)

(*) Er.. Actually... I wrote them about that and they informed me there are no plans for a Catalan version at the moment
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon & Metatexis

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »