AnneMarieG
AnneMarieG  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:51
German to French
+ ...
Jun 21, 2011

Hi,
I came back from lunch and -all over sudden- DNS doesn't hear me.
I reset the audio settings, I checked that DNS-macro was activated in the word settings (it wasn't), I reinitiated me as a user, but still - the only thing he says is "did you say anything?".

And the version I use is 10.1.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot!

Anne-Marie

PS -Please bear with me as my DNS speaks French and my translation is most probably not
... See more
Hi,
I came back from lunch and -all over sudden- DNS doesn't hear me.
I reset the audio settings, I checked that DNS-macro was activated in the word settings (it wasn't), I reinitiated me as a user, but still - the only thing he says is "did you say anything?".

And the version I use is 10.1.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot!

Anne-Marie

PS -Please bear with me as my DNS speaks French and my translation is most probably not up to the mark -)
Collapse

Luisa Fiorini
Luisa Fiorini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Dragon Jun 21, 2011

Hi Anne-Marie,

I had a similar problem last year and the techical support told me to re-register the file dgnword.dll. I clicked on Start > Run and typed regsvr32 "C:\Programms\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking10\Program\dgnword.dll then clicked Ok. It did the trick. I hope this helps.

Luisa

AnneMarieG
AnneMarieG  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well, the mic in fact Jun 21, 2011

Thank you Luisa,
I phoned the tecnical support (which took me ages) and I changed the mic - and it worked.

However, even if it takes (waiting) time, phoning the tecnical support helps, they go through list of questions; it seems to be a recurrent issue.

Thanks again!

Anne-Marie

Florence Lesur
Florence Lesur  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Thank you ! Jan 24, 2012

Luisa,

I've just been stuck with the same problem, and your solution worked perfectly. Thank you!

Just a minor edition for the copy and paste to work the first time around on Windows 7 (64-bit):

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking10\Program\dgnword.dll"

Thanks a million!

Florence

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS: he doesn't hear me!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »