Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 00:32
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Not the behaviour I am used to Mar 15, 2017

Linda Bestwalter wrote:
I have the opposite problem - when I export a Word file, there is no space at the end of a sentence although there are spaces in the imported file. Is there an option in Trados to add a whitespace at the end of each segment?
Thanks for any suggestions

Don't know the solution for you, but my experience is that Studio 2017 adds a space after each sentence in the exported target document. I would prefer that Studio behaved the same way as Dejavu here. If there is a space after a period in the source document, Dejavu makes sure it is also appearing in the project file, so that what you have in the project file is what you get out in the exported target file.

Apparently other CAT tools, like memoQ, also does things the way Studio does, though I don't like it. To easy for something to go wrong.

I think you need to check the settings of Studio carefully in case you have some setting with "Adding space after period" is deactivated in your copy of Studio.

Roy

Linda Bestwalter
Linda Bestwalter
Germany
German to English
No luck yet Mar 15, 2017

Hi Roy, thanks for your quick response. I've scoured the internet and Trados forums but until now haven't been able to locate any "add whitespace at the end of sentence" kind of option.

Perhaps someone here knows if and where there is one?

Daniel Hartmeier
Daniel Hartmeier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 19:32
English to German
+ ...
opposite problem, no space between segments in clean Word file Apr 3, 2017

Linda Bestwalter wrote:

I have the opposite problem - when I export a Word file, there is no space at the end of a sentence although there are spaces in the imported file. Is there an option in Trados to add a whitespace at the end of each segment?

Thanks for any suggestions

Hello, I have the same problem like Linda Bestwalter. In clean target Word files, betwen most of the sentences there is no space, where I had one in the source Word file. This is new in SDL Trados 2017 (I upgraded from 2010 or 11, so I don't know if it was a problem in the last versions).
This happens when I create a project or translate a single file but also when I receive a SDL package from a customer.
Adding a space with search dot with dot space is not safe, because there are instants where I have a dot and don't need a space (e.g. thousands separator) so I have to do it with search next, which is cumbersome.
Any idea?
Thank you.

Mina Fayek
Mina Fayek  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:32
English to Arabic
+ ...
Was any solution found? Mar 17, 2022

Inga Jokubauske wrote:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know a solution to the problem I currently have with SDL Trados 2014? At the end of each sentence there is a double space. Source text does not have those double spaces. I do not add a space before confirming the segment. Full stop .CTRL+Enter

Any ideas how to get rid fo them? Many thanks.

Anyone found a solution for this? I kind of have the same/similar problem with SDL Trados Studio 2021.

Yaotl Altan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Double space after each sentence

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »