How can I insert matches from the TM without changing the percent value for the match?
Thread poster: Stephan Kaps
Stephan Kaps
Stephan Kaps  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:13
English to German
+ ...
Nov 13, 2021

I have got the following problem: I have a corrupt xliff-file, but my own translations still in the TM. By inserting them, of course, all of them are displayed as 100 % matches (unless I pretranslate the text with the old TM and then copy them one by one manually from the TM).

Is there any possibility to keep the percent value of 0 % even if I insert the matches from the TM? This is the standard behaviour in memoQ, by the way.

Elena Feriani

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:13
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Possible workaround Nov 13, 2021

Stephan Kaps wrote:
Is there any possibility to keep the percent value of 0 % even if I insert the matches from the TM?

I don't know, but a possible workaround would be to use the bilingual review feature. Create two copies of your project. Pre-translate the one against the TM. Export it to bilingual review. Then try to import that file into the other copy of the project. If you can't import it, try exporting from both projects, then copy/pasting the pre-translation from the one file into the other before importing it.

Do you have MemoQ? MemoQ also has a bilingual review type of feature that can be used in a similar way.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I insert matches from the TM without changing the percent value for the match?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »