Thread poster: Aaron Kakesse
Aaron Kakesse
Aaron Kakesse  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:23
English to French
Jan 18, 2022

Hi,

I am working with SDL Trados, and I have accidentally confirmed all empty segments. How can I unconfirm them without going one by one. It is time-consuming.

Thank you

Francisco César Manhães Monteiro
Francisco César Manhães Monteiro  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:23
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Control + z Jan 18, 2022

Once you have confirmed it by accident, click control plus z immediately.

Aaron Kakesse

Aaron Kakesse
Aaron Kakesse  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:23
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Jan 18, 2022

Too late.

Ruth Wiedekind
Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:23
Spanish to German
+ ...
Mark all segments at once. Jan 18, 2022

Hi,

You can mark all segments by clicken and holding on the segments' numbers column. (All marked lines will appear in yellowish.)
Then do a right-click and select "change segment status", such as to "draft" or "not translated". (I use the German version.)

Good luck.
Ruth

Robert Rietvelt
Aaron Kakesse
J.E.Sunseri

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Change Segment Status Jan 18, 2022

Aaron Kakesse wrote:

Hi,

I am working with SDL Trados, and I have accidentally confirmed all empty segments. How can I unconfirm them without going one by one. It is time-consuming.

Thank you

Open the file - click right mouse button and mark (= make black) the confirmed segments - click left mouse button - select Change Segment Status - select Not Translated, and voila.

This is the easiest way I can explain it.

Succes.

Aaron Kakesse
expressisverbis
Angie Garbarino

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Nothing is too late Jan 18, 2022

Just place cursor at the starting segment (from which you would like to change the segment status), press CTRL (or SHIFT if you want to change the status of all segments), click at last segment; go to the right-click menu and choose 'Change segment status' --> Not translated (or Draft, or whatever you need).

Aaron Kakesse
expressisverbis
Olivia Kerzbek

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:23
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
top left square Jan 18, 2022

You can select all segments by clicking in the small blank square above the "1" of segment 1.
Then right click and select Change Segment Status

Aaron Kakesse

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Filter view Jan 18, 2022

May be the first step should be to filter the view: Review --> Filter icon --> Not translated.
Than you can select all, by clicking on the first and the last segment while pressing Shift, and change the status as described in other posts.

Aaron Kakesse

Roy Chacón
Roy Chacón  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 08:23
English to Spanish
Filter view Jan 18, 2022

Filter with ^.{1,}$ the target segment, this will show all segments that have anycontent, confirmed, draft, etc. Then lock them, the filter by locked and change status to not translated.

Aaron Kakesse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:23
English to Russian
Re-import the file Jan 18, 2022

Copy your file and change its name, then drag and drop it into the same project, click Batch Tasks - Prepare without project TM. This will pre-translate your file from TM. All wrongly confirmed segments will be unconfirmed.
As far as I understand, empty segments accidentally turned confirmed. If so, you won't be able to filter them by 'Not Translated' status. You can filter empty segments by regex ^$ but I suppose that all segments got confirmed, not just empty ones. When this happe
... See more
Copy your file and change its name, then drag and drop it into the same project, click Batch Tasks - Prepare without project TM. This will pre-translate your file from TM. All wrongly confirmed segments will be unconfirmed.
As far as I understand, empty segments accidentally turned confirmed. If so, you won't be able to filter them by 'Not Translated' status. You can filter empty segments by regex ^$ but I suppose that all segments got confirmed, not just empty ones. When this happens, segments get confirmed but not stored in TM. If this is your case, simply re-import your file.

[Edited at 2022-01-18 23:47 GMT]
Collapse

Angie Garbarino

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accidental Confirmation of multiple segments in Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »