Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
I'm retiring. I want to sell my Trados Studio 2021.
Thread poster: Linda Larsson (X)
Linda Larsson (X)
Linda Larsson (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 00:59
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Ok! Mar 21, 2022

Thanks! I have my old freelance 2011 in there too. You don't remember who you had contact with I suppose? I guess I should see if someone wants to buy it first... hahaha

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:59
Danish to English
+ ...
Support Mar 21, 2022

With 36 years of experience, you'll probably manage to contact Trados support without my help😁

I'm sure more than one single person there knows how to do this, and they probably prefer to assign tickets to staff themselves.

Linda Larsson (X)
expressisverbis

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Questions Mar 21, 2022

Ice Scream wrote:

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

The European Court of Justice has ruled that a software licence can be sold, even if the software company says it can't:

https://www.techdirt.com/2012/07/03/eu-court-says-yes-you-can-resell-your-software-even-if-software-company-says-you-cant/

The way to do it is to find a seller and agree on the price, and then contact Trados support to ask them to transfer the licence. They don't like to do it, but they do it when they have to.

1. RWS is, or was, a British company, so is it still bound by pesky EU red tape requiring fairness and decency and similarly outdated concepts?

2. Do those rules apply to businesses such as translators or just consumers?

Excellent questions. The judgement can be found here: https://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf?text=&docid=124564&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=req&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=5213884 .

The defendant was a business, so the judgement very clearly also applies to businesses.

If a legal or natural person based in the EU resells a licence, I believe they would be entitled to do so regardless of where the owner of the intellectual property is based, but I'm not a solicitor.

As for the extent to which such fairness and decency in this context apply in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland or the UK as a whole after Brexit, I believe our honourable Welsh forum participant is better placed to clarify the matter.

expressisverbis
Christopher Schröder

Linda Larsson (X)
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
So frustrating! Mar 22, 2022

Trying to find a contact to help with the transfer of my license is driving me crazy. I've spent an hour looking. I have someone who wants to buy one of my licenses.

IS THERE ANY SDL CONTACT HERE???? Or someone who knows how I can get in touch?

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Sent a direct message Mar 22, 2022

Linda Larsson wrote:

Trying to find a contact to help with the transfer of my license is driving me crazy. I've spent an hour looking. I have someone who wants to buy one of my licenses.

IS THERE ANY SDL CONTACT HERE???? Or someone who knows how I can get in touch?

I would have thought you could just open a support ticket, but I've sent you a contact in a direct email.

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Please try the RWS forum Mar 22, 2022

https://community.rws.com/events-resources/resources/support/f/forum

I'm sure someone will guide you!

Linda Larsson (X)
Sweden
Swedish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 22, 2022

Thank you. I wrote in the support community yesterday. That place seems dead. All the posts that you linked to are from a year ago.

Thanks Thomas. Got your message.

I'm just about to give up even trying. What a pain. I have 2 licenses so I can't sell them separately and give my account to someone.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Just a short correction... Mar 22, 2022

expressisverbis wrote:

https://community.rws.com/events-resources/resources/support/f/forum

I'm sure someone will guide you!

This is a better place to bookmark:

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/

The RWS Community is certainly not dead!

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, it is. Mar 22, 2022

RWS Community wrote:

This is a better place to bookmark:

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/

The RWS Community is certainly not dead!

Indeed, this is the most appropriate one.
I can't complain. Whenever I had any problem or doubt, there was always someone to help me.

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
you can proceed in that way Mar 22, 2022

Give to the buyer access to your email in sdl, (after having returned your licence), buyer will download studio, and then he/she can change email, I did that way my self when buying 2014, same when I sold it.
I hope it helps.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I'm retiring. I want to sell my Trados Studio 2021.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »