Failed to save target content: The context list is null. Could not get the last child
Thread poster: drjkmathe
drjkmathe
drjkmathe
Congo, Democratic Republic
Local time: 10:04
English to French
+ ...
Apr 23, 2022

Please help.
I have finished translating a file and when generating the target, I get that message: "Failed to save target content: The context list is null". Could not get the last child. Please help. How can I solve this issue? The file original file was in PDF. I am in TRADOS 2019.
Waiting for an answer, please!
God bless!
Jeff

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:04
English to Russian
OCR Apr 25, 2022

You have to ocr your PDF file before you import it into the program. There is no other way to work with PDF files flawlessly. Even RWS staff members admit that in their forum comments. The program is not designed for translating PDF files directly.
Also you can try this and this and this but those are just workarounds, not solutions.
Collapse

Roy Oestensen
Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:04
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
You may want to try InFix Apr 25, 2022

drjkmathe wrote:
I have finished translating a file and when generating the target, I get that message: "Failed to save target content: The context list is null". Could not get the last child. Please help. How can I solve this issue? The file original file was in PDF. I am in TRADOS 2019.

One solution if you want to translate a pdf and produce a pdf as a result, you could try a program called InFix, which you can find at https://www.iceni.com/. The program creates an xml format of the pdf that you can translate, and then it will produce a pdf where the translation is put. You need to fix the format a little in the end, but it works fairly nicely. At least much better than the inbuilt pdf converters in the CAT tools.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to save target content: The context list is null. Could not get the last child

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »