Paul O'Brien
Paul O'Brien  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 04:19
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
May 10, 2022

I have a trial subscription with DeepL which was working perfectly on SDL 2021 ("perfectly" in the sense that you have to keep an eye on it). You opened the drop-down menu in Project Settings, clicked on DeepL and hey-presto. But now DeepL has disappeared from the drop-down menu. And no, the subscription has not run out. Any ideas? TIA

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:19
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Glitch May 10, 2022

Could be just an internet glitch. Try again in a few minutes. It happens with APIs.

Paul O'Brien
Argentina
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Minutes? May 10, 2022

Tom in London wrote:

Could be just an internet glitch. Try again in a few minutes. It happens with APIs.

Tom, dear boy, it's been days. There's a glitch in the translation community and it's known as SDL.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:19
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Minuets May 10, 2022

Paul O'Brien wrote:

Tom in London wrote:

Tom, dear boy, it's been days. There's a glitch in the translation community and it's known as SDL.

Oh- Trados- I forgot. I use CafeTran, which comes with an API called MyMemory that occasionally goes offline but only for a short time.

Paul O'Brien
Argentina
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My bad May 11, 2022

The nice people on RWS pointed out that I hadn't installed the plug-in after re-downloading SDL. Problem sorted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeepL suddenly missing from SDL 2021

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »