Not a Trados fanboy ad - just some preliminary positive feedback about the new Manager View (Beta)
Thread poster: A. & S. Witte
A. & S. Witte
A. & S. Witte
Germany
Local time: 12:46
German to English
+ ...
May 27, 2022

I can see some potential for making our lives easier with the Manager View (Beta) in Trados Studio (2022).

I always found the Files View and Project View a bit fiddly, and this could be a step forward for both the actual Trados community and occasional Trados users who mainly work with MemoQ or Deja Vu or some newcomer tool or even just with the agencies' online CAT tools (at the outer margins of PRO translation).

It all seems more seamlessly integrated now.

... See more
I can see some potential for making our lives easier with the Manager View (Beta) in Trados Studio (2022).

I always found the Files View and Project View a bit fiddly, and this could be a step forward for both the actual Trados community and occasional Trados users who mainly work with MemoQ or Deja Vu or some newcomer tool or even just with the agencies' online CAT tools (at the outer margins of PRO translation).

It all seems more seamlessly integrated now.

I don't consider myself a Trados fanboy and take a rather critical view of some aspects of their operations, including takeover happiness and PSMA cost. I have on occasion only given 6 out of 10 after a support case, although I tend to give higher ratings for those, like 8.
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:46
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Perhaps a link or image May 27, 2022

A. & S. Witte wrote:

Thanks for this. Sounds promising. Is there somewhere we can see this Manager View in action?

Dan

A. & S. Witte
A. & S. Witte
Germany
Local time: 12:46
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
3:20 to 4:12 min May 27, 2022

Dan Lucas wrote:

A. & S. Witte wrote:

Thanks for this. Sounds promising. Is there somewhere we can see this Manager View in action?

Dan

Hi Dan,

It is featured here from 3:20 to 4:12 min.

https://www.trados.com/de/video/studio-2022-whats-new/204215/

Best regards,

Dan Lucas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Not a Trados fanboy ad - just some preliminary positive feedback about the new Manager View (Beta)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »