How to create statistics for fuzzy matches and repetitions?
Téma indítója: Egidijus Slepetys
Egidijus Slepetys
Egidijus Slepetys  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:20
német - litván
Apr 10, 2008

I still can't understand: Can Transit XV Pro create statistics for fuzzy matches and repetitions, when I create a new project (from a "Word" file) and attach reference materials? How to do that? Where can I find these statistics after importing?

Thanks a lot for Your help!

Chiara Righele
Chiara Righele  Identity Verified
Olaszország
Local time: 02:20
angol - olasz
+ ...
Settings for statistics Apr 11, 2008

Hi Egiz!
You can create statistics for fuzzy matches and repetitions: when creating a new project, in the Counting settings windows, flag the options Create fuzzy statistics and Create internal repetition statistics, plus specify if internal repetitions are to be taken into account. Then go on creating your project and importing. If you want to display and save statistic reports go to Project\Status and the Report manager window appears. You can choose wh
... See more
Hi Egiz!
You can create statistics for fuzzy matches and repetitions: when creating a new project, in the Counting settings windows, flag the options Create fuzzy statistics and Create internal repetition statistics, plus specify if internal repetitions are to be taken into account. Then go on creating your project and importing. If you want to display and save statistic reports go to Project\Status and the Report manager window appears. You can choose which kind of report you want to display (Import, Progress and Translation are possible) and save them as .rtf files (click on the Save button).
You can also customize reports and insert prices, size of pages/lines, etc.

The userguide contains in any case all these steps in detail. You can download it here

Hope that helps!
Chiara

[Edited at 2008-04-11 10:10]
Collapse

Egidijus Slepetys
német - litván
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
no repetitions Apr 11, 2008

Hi, thanks for your help.

I did it, how you said: flagged all the options, imported the file, went to "Report manager".
But in the generated file I don't see anything about "future repetitions". So maybe it is impossible to know that?

I will study the manuals you linked me to.

Thanks.

Chiara Righele
Chiara Righele  Identity Verified
Olaszország
Local time: 02:20
angol - olasz
+ ...
Reading the import report Apr 11, 2008

I'm not sure I understand what you need... What do you mean by "future repetitions"?

In any case I'll try to answer according to what I know.
First of all, set "repetition limit": in the Counting settings window, click on the Define button: the Report Options window opens, where you can set the repetition limit (i.e. 1 if you want that the same sentence is counted as a repetition from the 2nd time it appears onwards - refer to the manual which is surely cl
... See more
I'm not sure I understand what you need... What do you mean by "future repetitions"?

In any case I'll try to answer according to what I know.
First of all, set "repetition limit": in the Counting settings window, click on the Define button: the Report Options window opens, where you can set the repetition limit (i.e. 1 if you want that the same sentence is counted as a repetition from the 2nd time it appears onwards - refer to the manual which is surely clearer than I am...)

Go on with project creation etc...

Then in the Import report, what mostly intersts you at this stage is the column Remaining not translated units (then also the Fuzzy column, but let's make an example with the "not translated" column).
You have:
- Totals not reduced by repetitions: in our example, they represent the total amount of units to be translated. Let's assume we have 30 units
- Repetitions found (reduced by limit): this is the amount of repetitions found in your project. Let's say they're 5
- Totals reduced by repetitions: they represent the amount of units minus the repetitions found. In our example, let's assume it's 25 units: this means that in your file 5 units of repetitions have been found (30-25=5 units)

The same goes for the other columns.
So you can know the amount of repetitions you have in your project (both in not translated segments and in fuzzy mateches) before starting to work.

I don't know if this answers your question... Hope so

Have a nice weekend!
Chiara
Collapse

Egidijus Slepetys
német - litván
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
THANK YOU! Apr 13, 2008

Amazing, it works!
Thanks a lot for Your help!

Best Regards,
Egidijus

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create statistics for fuzzy matches and repetitions?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »