Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Dec 7, 2011

Hi all,

Did you get a notice about SP 5 being released? I didn't, that's for sure ...

I'm currently testing the speed of Term recognition with my huge Background dictionary.

Hans

Nani Delgado
Nani Delgado  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
I got it Dec 7, 2011

I received an e-mail 20 minutes ago, but I´ll be testing it in a couple of days, right now I am working with another CAT tool.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Back at SP 4 Dec 7, 2011

Thanks for confirmation. I've downloaded and installed it. Tested it with my background dictionary. Term search is still very slow, compared with SP 4. 'The request takes time' messages and SQL related errors are displayed. I've recorded a screen movie and sent it to STAR.

Back on SP 4 again.

I'm waiting for a fix for this issue almost a year now.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 04:37
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Do they still have these silly windows for source and target and... Dec 7, 2011

Does the newest version of Transit look more like Studio or WFP or does it have still these separate windows? I hate them.

Nani Delgado
Spain
German to Spanish
Well... Dec 7, 2011

If you want to compare it with SDL Studio or Transit Satellite PE, I find it more similar to Studio than to Satellite. I agree with you, Satellite windows are awful to work with.

[Edited at 2011-12-07 12:49 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
A matter of personal taste Dec 9, 2011

Hi Nani,

I love these separate Windows. I've stripped them down to showing only the translatable text, and I've ordered them vertically.

When I start proofreading I switch to my proofread view, horizontal window arrangement, wysiwyg.

Hans

PS What software did you use to blur the confidential info in your image? Looks nice!

Nani Delgado
Spain
German to Spanish
:) Dec 9, 2011

It sure is a matter of taste and habit. I did get used to this Satellite windows, but after working with several other CAT tools I wouldn´t go back there.

BTW, thank you! I did it with Photoshop. Such a lovely software.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SP 5 has been released

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »