Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:04
Chinese to German
+ ...
Feb 18, 2012

Hi,

while doing Chinese-German translations, Transit NXT keeps deleting spaces at segment ends when inserting German matches. This is probably due to the fact that there are no spaces in the Chinese original text. But it is annoying because I always have to manually add the spaces again in segments with 100% matches. Is there any way to stop Transit from deleting the spaces that do exist in the reference translations? It's probably just a setting that I've overlooked. But I've check
... See more
Hi,

while doing Chinese-German translations, Transit NXT keeps deleting spaces at segment ends when inserting German matches. This is probably due to the fact that there are no spaces in the Chinese original text. But it is annoying because I always have to manually add the spaces again in segments with 100% matches. Is there any way to stop Transit from deleting the spaces that do exist in the reference translations? It's probably just a setting that I've overlooked. But I've checked the User preferences and the settings of the Processing/Confirm and Matches tabs and couldn't find a solution.

Can anyone please help me?

TIA
Iris
Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
solution Feb 21, 2012

(I already sent you this solution, but I'll post it, so that other know how to do it)
edit your PRJ, so that the options look like:

AdaptLeadingAndTailingWS=0
AdaptLeadingWS=1
AdaptTailingWS=0

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Can we have a complete list of all settings, pretty please? Feb 21, 2012

Squires wrote:

(I already sent you this solution, but I'll post it, so that other know how to do it)
edit your PRJ, so that the options look like:

AdaptLeadingAndTailingWS=0
AdaptLeadingWS=1
AdaptTailingWS=0

There are many interesting settings for the starte.ini and the project files (default.prj). Could you please provide a complete list of all possible settings?

Thanks for considering this,

Hans

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:04
Chinese to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks!! Feb 23, 2012

That solution was really helpful!

Iris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit NXT: Unwanted deletion of space at segment end

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »