Announcing ProZ.com "Articles Knowledgebase"
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Stefania Williams
Stefania Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:29
English to Italian
Great idea! Jan 13, 2006

I like the idea of articles, by subjects and authors, and the forums. I did submit one as well, and also opened a forum about it. However, when I look in my profile, I see "never submitted articles", and I cannot find anymore my article submitted on the 29th December, on online e-learning course on Culture and Language.

Could you advice?

Thanks for your ongoing support!

Stefania

Jo-Hanna Goettsche
Jo-Hanna Goettsche  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:29
English to Spanish
Same situation as Stefania... Feb 2, 2006

Stefania Williams wrote:

I like the idea of articles, by subjects and authors, and the forums. I did submit one as well, and also opened a forum about it. However, when I look in my profile, I see "never submitted articles", and I cannot find anymore my article submitted on the 29th December, on online e-learning course on Culture and Language.

Could you advice?

Thanks for your ongoing support!

Stefania

I would like to echo Stefania's experience. I submitted an article on Saturday (Jan. 28) and I am seeing the same results. I know articles need to be reviewed, and that there is no assurance that they will be accepted. However, I would still like to know if it was received.

Thanks!

LAXMITRANSLATOR
LAXMITRANSLATOR
India
Local time: 12:59
English to Hindi
+ ...
Some one's weakness is some one's strength ! Apr 17, 2006

Hi !

I have enrolled just today and for the whole day I have been reading very interesting articles and tips !

Such a wonderful way of promoting the good work. It appears that now language is no barrier to express one's view or idea.

The world seems to have shrinked.... Such a wonderful way to interact with the person whom you do not know, still have confidence that he/she would be helping /guiding you or you may become an instrument to help others...
... See more
Hi !

I have enrolled just today and for the whole day I have been reading very interesting articles and tips !

Such a wonderful way of promoting the good work. It appears that now language is no barrier to express one's view or idea.

The world seems to have shrinked.... Such a wonderful way to interact with the person whom you do not know, still have confidence that he/she would be helping /guiding you or you may become an instrument to help others...

I am based at India and have gathered expertise in Hindi language which happens to be my mother tongue. It is irony to note that many of Indians are unaware about their own Hindi language.
On the contrarary I have observed many foriegners seems to have better grasps over Hindi language.

Good Luck for the wonderful work done by you and I look forward for my contribution in this "Mammoth" work

In life you never know what you have been missing unless it arrives;and you will never know what you have got untill it is missing!

Cheers,

Laxmi from Ahmedabad- India
April 16th,2006.
Collapse

zconsider
zconsider
Chinese to English
Great ideas! Sep 29, 2006

After reading the article,I learn what I want.You are my best friend when I get to here yesterday.

[Edited at 2006-09-29 04:23]

georgina singh
georgina singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:59
Tamil to English
+ ...
Wow!!! That's Wonderful! Jan 18, 2007

Its really wonderful to see the trouble taken by Proz.com to see its members always smiling and happy. I find it particularly useful and interesting to go through. It is a good platform to be creative and at the same time helpful to one and all.

Thanks so much- its exciting! Keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Georgina.

Yongshun Zhang
Yongshun Zhang
Local time: 15:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
Great Idea, Great Platform Jan 23, 2007

It's a great idea, a great platform to learn from each other. Hope more experience can be shared here. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jonathan

[Edited at 2007-01-23 07:07]

Rmx
Rmx
Local time: 01:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
A very interesting forum Mar 31, 2007

Excellent idea, as a matter of fact I think it was the next step that should be taken; the bigger this site gets, the better for all of us as its users. I´d like to know what does it take to publish an article in this page?
Anyway, congratulations fro a very good idea!

darkania
darkania
Mexico
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you! Aug 18, 2008

This site is of every translator's interest, its excellent and well organized sections allow us to overview common problems that arise constantly.

Yelena Pestereva
Yelena Pestereva  Identity Verified
Israel
English to Russian
+ ...
I wonder... Feb 11, 2009

I wonder if there is any deadline for approving an article. If, for example, I submitted it 2 days ago, when will it be published?

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 04:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
A week? Feb 11, 2009

Yelena Pestereva wrote:

I wonder if there is any deadline for approving an article. If, for example, I submitted it 2 days ago, when will it be published?

A submitted article must be vetted, read, analized by appropiate staff who decide about its worth, interest and value before being published. It might even be rejected.

This is a serious task and should be allowed the proper time too. Two days is nothing, considering that most of the staff members do it on a non-paid collaboration basis.

I reckon that at least a week should be allowed for this. Be patient. They will let you know as soon as they have an answer.

Melissa Ma
Melissa Ma  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 15:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
It's great to share. Feb 17, 2009

It's great to share knowledge in the knowledgebase.
By sharing, there will be improving and learning from each other.
Will go there as often as possible.

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:29
English to Russian
+ ...
Misleading (wrong language) article titles Dec 22, 2009

Non-English articles usually have non-English titles. That makes a lot of sense, because people who don't speak the language know not to click on the article. However, some article have misleading titles, e.g.:

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/59/1

Therefore, I have two suggestions.

1) Ask authors to use the same language in bo
... See more
Non-English articles usually have non-English titles. That makes a lot of sense, because people who don't speak the language know not to click on the article. However, some article have misleading titles, e.g.:

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/59/1

Therefore, I have two suggestions.

1) Ask authors to use the same language in both their articles and article titles.
AND/OR
2) Clearly indicate the language of the "Featured translation article" on the home page.

Thanks,
Mikhail
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Tahira Rafiq asked to delete the post.
Laurens Landkroon
Laurens Landkroon  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:29
English to Dutch
+ ...
Using proz.com articles and knowledge base on personal profile and website? Sep 30, 2021

As stated in the title, is it legally allowed to use these articles for personal use on my profile or website??

Cheers!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing ProZ.com "Articles Knowledgebase"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »