Thread poster: Michal Zugec
Michal Zugec
Michal Zugec  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 21:24
English to Slovak
Apr 13, 2010

Hi guys,

I am new to Trados and 2 of us got translation of few hundred pages in ttx format. Can someone help me how to split that file, or can each of us simply translate his part and is there then some merge function?

Many thanks, Michal

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:24
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
One of you can start in the middle of the file Apr 14, 2010

As soon as one of you finishes - s/he can send the other one TM - the other person can import that TM into his own and Studio 2009 should automatically translate the remaining half.

Having said that - translating in isolation you won't be able to maintain consistency throughout entire document - that's something you need to work on.

Cheers
Stanislaw

Michal Zugec
Michal Zugec  Identity Verified
Slovakia
English to Slovak
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Stan - it looks feasible. Apr 14, 2010

And I will confirm it after about 2 weeks -:)

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados Team Apr 16, 2010

Hi Michal,
I second Stanislaw's post. Just to add: working in small teams (of up to five translators) is what Trados Team is designed for. It will cost some money, of course, but if you share similar jobs regularly it might be a good solution for you.
AFAIR, WordFast enables you to share TMs over LAN, so using WF may also be an idea.

[Upraveno: 2010-04-16 08:28 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2 translators in Trados 2009

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »