Sasa Kalcik
Sasa Kalcik  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 14:34
Member (2010)
English to Croatian
+ ...
May 17, 2011

I am in the middle of negotiating for one translation project with one client but we can't seem to understand each other completely regarding some things about using Trados. I use Trados Studio 2009 and they still use 2007 (I don't have 2007, I used to have 2006 and now 2009).
I am convinced that we are able to collaborate and that I can produce files that they can manage later.
I have some issues which I don't think to understand regarding some differences we were talking about so
... See more
I am in the middle of negotiating for one translation project with one client but we can't seem to understand each other completely regarding some things about using Trados. I use Trados Studio 2009 and they still use 2007 (I don't have 2007, I used to have 2006 and now 2009).
I am convinced that we are able to collaborate and that I can produce files that they can manage later.
I have some issues which I don't think to understand regarding some differences we were talking about so I have 4 questions:
1) I need ini file in Tag editor for which of the following files -html, xml, word, excel?
2) Using Trados Workbench - which of the following is used to look up an existing term in the TM -analyse, translate, concordance, term recognition?
3) Tag Editor (in 2007) has which spelling checker? -c. s. as you type, c. s. when closing a segment, c. s. during clean-up, c. s. by pressing F7
4) To create TM from source and target doc I need - winalign (or perhaps something else)?

I really appreciate help!

Thank you!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ini file

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »