Glue previous two words together with case adaption
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Apr 5, 2023

Following up on this post, I asked ChatGPT to create an AutoHotkey script that joins the two previous words together, while changing the case.

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 07.27.45

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 07.28.01

BTW: I had to use screenshots of the scripts since the CMS system didn't allow posting them. You can find a text version of the scripts here.

[Edited at 2023-04-05 06:10 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 06:23
English to Russian
Does it work as expected? Apr 5, 2023

I tried to ask ChatGPT to create a script that swaps two selected words. After a dozen of attempts I gave up. It creates different 3- to 53-line scripts but none of them do what I need.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Working script Apr 5, 2023

Indeed, the results from ChatGPT were incorrect.

I created this script:

Screen Shot 2023-04-06 at 08.25.23

You can copy it here.

[Edited at 2023-04-06 06:26 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Not usable Apr 6, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

I tried to ask ChatGPT to create a script that swaps two selected words. After a dozen of attempts I gave up. It creates different 3- to 53-line scripts but none of them do what I need.

ChatGPT's suggestions are indeed useless. A bit surprising, as I hear of good results with other scripting languages.

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glue previous two words together with case adaption

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »