Epson Printer - Ink Cartridge Management
Thread poster: erudite (X)
erudite (X)
erudite (X)
Local time: 00:14
French to English
+ ...
Aug 27, 2003

Help. Please reply quickly. I have an Epson 740 printer. I always buy original Epson printer cartridges. The latest cartridge I inserted seemed to be missing a colour so I returned it to the shop for an exchange. The printer flashes a low ink indicator when it is time to change the cartridge. As the dodgy cartridge was not empty the indicator was not flashing and wasn't allowing me to change cartridges, so I just pressed the ink button for 3 secs (this initiates head cleaning) and whipped the c... See more
Help. Please reply quickly. I have an Epson 740 printer. I always buy original Epson printer cartridges. The latest cartridge I inserted seemed to be missing a colour so I returned it to the shop for an exchange. The printer flashes a low ink indicator when it is time to change the cartridge. As the dodgy cartridge was not empty the indicator was not flashing and wasn't allowing me to change cartridges, so I just pressed the ink button for 3 secs (this initiates head cleaning) and whipped the cartridge out; I did the same thing to insert a new cartridge but noe the printer is only printing in black and white. Using the same system I have now removed the colour cartridge. How do I go back to square one and let the printer know the colour cartridge is empty so it will prompt me to change. Sorry for being so long winded I'm preparing for an important meeting and this is making me panic. Thanks for any help. RachelCollapse

erudite (X)
erudite (X)
Local time: 00:14
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've found the solution Aug 27, 2003

How do I force a Cartridge change on the EPSON Stylus Colour 440, 460, 640, 660, 670, 740, 760, 880, 900 and 980 Printers?
To force a Cartridge change press and hold down the Paper feed (load eject) button for over 5 seconds and the cartridges will move into a change position. Please note: if the cartridges move to a position where only the Black cartridge can be changed pressing the Paper feed button once will move the head so that the colour can be changed.

Before changing t
... See more
How do I force a Cartridge change on the EPSON Stylus Colour 440, 460, 640, 660, 670, 740, 760, 880, 900 and 980 Printers?
To force a Cartridge change press and hold down the Paper feed (load eject) button for over 5 seconds and the cartridges will move into a change position. Please note: if the cartridges move to a position where only the Black cartridge can be changed pressing the Paper feed button once will move the head so that the colour can be changed.

Before changing the carts it is recommended that you run the head cleaning utility.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Epson Printer - Ink Cartridge Management

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »