TimGutteridg (X)
TimGutteridg (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:25
English
+ ...
Mar 23, 2010

MemoQ 4.021

The translation preview function has stopped working. (I get the message "There is no preview available for this document.) Not related to original file format (Word, Excel, PPT) or to length of file, as far as I can tell.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 01:25
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Works fine here Mar 23, 2010

Here, it works fine. Maybe it could be solved by uninstalling and re-installing.

Gergely Vandor
Gergely Vandor
Hungary
Local time: 00:25
English to Hungarian
maybe it is turned off? Mar 23, 2010

Dear Tim,

Please right-click in your document list and see if the "Enable preview for translations" setting is on.

Best regards,
Gergely Vandor

TimGutteridge wrote:

MemoQ 4.021

The translation preview function has stopped working. (I get the message "There is no preview available for this document.) Not related to original file format (Word, Excel, PPT) or to length of file, as far as I can tell.

Ahmed Fahmi

TimGutteridg (X)
TimGutteridg (X)
United Kingdom
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Preview turned off Mar 24, 2010

Hi Gergely,

You're absolutely right - the translation preview was turned off. It's working fine now. Not quite sure how it got turned off, though!

Thanks a lot for the support.

Huub Stegeman
Huub Stegeman  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
Still not working Nov 8, 2010

Hi,

I have the same problem, and I've followed your instructions, but it doesn't seem to help.

What else can I do to mend this?

Huub

Huub Stegeman
Huub Stegeman  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
Solution found Nov 8, 2010

Hi all,

I found the solution myself, but maybe it's helpful if I share it:

If there is still no preview after the above procedure, check the following:

Are you using Office 10? If so, when you open the document in question in Word (or Excel or whatever relevant MS-app) does it report the risk that a document you've just received by e-mail may be unsafe because it came from the internet? If it does, tell Word that you do trust this document and save it. Now
... See more
Hi all,

I found the solution myself, but maybe it's helpful if I share it:

If there is still no preview after the above procedure, check the following:

Are you using Office 10? If so, when you open the document in question in Word (or Excel or whatever relevant MS-app) does it report the risk that a document you've just received by e-mail may be unsafe because it came from the internet? If it does, tell Word that you do trust this document and save it. Now reïmport it in MemoQ. MemoQ will now be able to create a preview!
Collapse

Eleonore Wapler
Eleonore Wapler  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Still Jan 13, 2014

Hi,

I also have this same no preview available problem.
The "allow translator preview" is clicked and I didn't have any issues to download the document from my emails.

Help?

Thanks,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation preview not working

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »