Ralf Hermann Krämer
Ralf Hermann Krämer
Local time: 16:42
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
Sep 14, 2010

installed memoQ
a few Minutes ago
and I already had 14 Microsoft Word Crash notifications (not dramatic but ugly)
and memoQ froze 2 times (dead) so I had to kill it with the Task-Manager

I read only positive comments about memoQ! whats my problem Software Hardware???

memoQ 4.2.20 translater pro
Microsift Office 2007 SP2
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
Prozessor Intel(R)
... See more
installed memoQ
a few Minutes ago
and I already had 14 Microsoft Word Crash notifications (not dramatic but ugly)
and memoQ froze 2 times (dead) so I had to kill it with the Task-Manager

I read only positive comments about memoQ! whats my problem Software Hardware???

memoQ 4.2.20 translater pro
Microsift Office 2007 SP2
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
Prozessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2661 MHz, 4 Kern(e), 8

I love wordfast because I don´t like to work in panes. Is there some CAT program, like Gimp for Graphics? wher I can mold my surface, where I can kill all things I dont´t need while I am TRANSLATING literature? MemoQ was so far the prettiest pane monster I found.

Actually I use wordfast classic (best not-programm I ever had) and Trados
Trados when I need it (and dear lord I really hate it)
and wordfast classic for the rest (love it)
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 20:42
Membre (2009)
néerlandais vers anglais
+ ...
http://kilgray.com/de/support Sep 14, 2010

I think you just got unlucky. Try again and I'm sure it will sort itself out.

These "14 Microsoft Word Crash notifications" you mention; were you doing anything in particular in Word while working in memoQ?

---> http://kilgray.com/de/support

Michael

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Espagne
Local time: 21:42
Membre (2005)
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
Very rare situations indeed! Sep 14, 2010

Indeed after using it on 5 different machines with three different kinds of Windows and different Microsoft Office setups, the behaviour you described has never happened in my 4-people team, despite working with MemoQ for hours on end every day.

I'd definitely contact Kilgray' support about it. They are usually very fast.

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Pologne
Membre (2004)
anglais vers polonais
SITE LOCALIZER
Restart Sep 14, 2010

One simple thing to try, if you haven't already: restart your computer...

Ralf Hermann Krämer
Ralf Hermann Krämer
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
word crash whil import Sep 14, 2010

Michael J.W. Beijer wrote:

I think you just got unlucky. Try again and I'm sure it will sort itself out.

These "14 Microsoft Word Crash notifications" you mention; were you doing anything in particular in Word while working in memoQ?

---> http://kilgray.com/de/support

Michael

working some hours know, I see that word opens in the background when importing docx (don´t ask me why) and alwayz crashes importing the format docx

Ralf Hermann Krämer
Ralf Hermann Krämer
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
good idea thanx Sep 14, 2010

Jabberwock wrote:

One simple thing to try, if you haven't already: restart your computer...

its weeks now I havent restartet the machine
and !!!
no dry freezingcrash so far

importing docx continues yelling: word crashed do u want help from the internet.. but if I ignore it it closes on its own
still annoying but no real problem

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Espagne
Membre (2005)
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
Probably a problem with Word Sep 15, 2010

Ralf Hermann Krämer wrote:

Oh my goodness! I also leave my machine running (or hybernated) for many days, but when I install something important I make sure to take the 5 minutes needed to restart the machine. Windows is Windows, and will be Windows!

As for the problem with Word, I know this sounds stupid, but I would try to uninstall Word and reinstall it from the CD (no need to uninstall the whole of Office). Please notice however that this might force you to reinstall Trados too so that you can see Trados' toolbar etc.

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Grèce
Local time: 22:42
Membre (2008)
anglais vers grec
+ ...
Same problem a few days ago Sep 15, 2010

Ralf, I had the very same problem a few days ago, with a computer configuration very much like yours (OS, processor and such). The Word-related crash occurred either when I tried to spell-check in MemoQ (I have selected to use MS Office spellcheckers) or when I exported: a dialog box came up in the background, of the kind that looks for "solutions" to a problem (and never find anything!) related to Microsoft Word. I then could not exit MemoQ without killing it from the Task Manager.

... See more
Ralf, I had the very same problem a few days ago, with a computer configuration very much like yours (OS, processor and such). The Word-related crash occurred either when I tried to spell-check in MemoQ (I have selected to use MS Office spellcheckers) or when I exported: a dialog box came up in the background, of the kind that looks for "solutions" to a problem (and never find anything!) related to Microsoft Word. I then could not exit MemoQ without killing it from the Task Manager.

However, I re-installed (repaired) Microsoft Office 2007 from its CD, and I've not come across this problem ever since. Perhaps Office went wrong because I tried the Office 2010 beta and then uninstalled it (only half an hour later, since it offers nothing useful for me; it seems Microsoft only targets enterprises those days and only cares for those customers).

[Edited at 2010-09-15 05:20 GMT]
Collapse

Ralf Hermann Krämer
Ralf Hermann Krämer
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
new problem Sep 15, 2010

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:

However, I re-installed (repaired) Microsoft Office 2007 from its CD, and I've not come across this problem ever since. Perhaps Office went wrong because I tried the Office 2010 beta and then uninstalled it (only half an hour later, since it offers nothing useful for me; it seems Microsoft only targets enterprises those days and only cares for those customers).

[Edited at 2010-09-15 05:20 GMT]

Ok I am going to reinstall the office - good idea! thx
but there is a new problem
When I changed from normal work in the numbered list (with this awful red cross and the bulb)
to horizontal writing and with the translation preview on the other monitor (I hate crowdesd workplaces and these standalone programs are somewhat overloaded and inflexible) I lost the program too. Now I was writing a bit to learn the basics (I liked "F2" hated "ctrl shift S" I do it with 3 fingers left hand) the program is actually working good besidens of the flaw with the layout, but messing with the program (the reason for this program) doesent go well.
Today I am gonna try some more messing
well Trados never gave me that much trouble... (but I still hate it most)

Ralf Hermann Krämer
Ralf Hermann Krämer
anglais vers allemand
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Ok step one. restart computer, two. reinstall Office | three. pay the program after 44 days??? Sep 15, 2010

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Ralf Hermann Krämer wrote:

Oh my goodness! I also leave my machine running (or hybernated) for many days, but when I install something important I make sure to take the 5 minutes needed to restart the machine. Windows is Windows, and will be Windows!

As for the problem with Word, I know this sounds stupid, but I would try to uninstall Word and reinstall it from the CD (no need to uninstall the whole of Office). Please notice however that this might force you to reinstall Trados too so that you can see Trados' toolbar etc.

Right yeah ~ boys will be boys and windows will be windows :-/

[Edited at 2010-09-15 18:25 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Crash boom bang memoQ meaoooowwwwmoQ

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »