Edwal Rospigliosi
Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Local time: 20:11
angol - spanyol
+ ...
Sep 29, 2010

Hi

I just translated a TTX file with MemoQ. Then I opened it in TagEditor (demo) and tried to save target file, and an Error Creating Word File message appears. In my experience, it happens when the tags have been bungled.

So I ran QA in MemoQ, but it says everything is OK with tags. What else could it be?

Regards,

Edwal

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
Tag (2005 óta)
angol - spanyol
+ ...
For additional safety Sep 29, 2010

Did you try saving the TTX file BEFORE translating it in MemoQ? If you can save it, I would open the translated file in TagEditor and would go through the segments so that TagEditor can complain if some tag is out of place. You might discover the issue that way.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spanyolország
ProZ.com-tag
angol - francia
issue with file names and locations? Sep 29, 2010

To generate the target file, I think TagEditor needs to have the source Word file in the same folder than the ttx file, and with the same name (without the ttx extension).
If you or MemoQ renamed the ttx file during export, then TagEditor might have a problem to create the target file.

Philippe

Heidrun Pagel (X)
Heidrun Pagel (X)  Identity Verified
Németország
orosz - német
+ ...
original word file needed Nov 4, 2010

I had the same problem. I often get ttx files for translation. I translate them using MemoQ, of course. And, after translating, I have a problem viewing the result. up to now I solved the problem by viewing the completed translation in TagEditor but could not export the file.
Now I created the ttx file myself by opening it in TagEditor, then translated in MemoQ, got back to TagEditor an exported successfully.
As I never worked in TagEditor I would like to ask: Is it really sufficient
... See more
I had the same problem. I often get ttx files for translation. I translate them using MemoQ, of course. And, after translating, I have a problem viewing the result. up to now I solved the problem by viewing the completed translation in TagEditor but could not export the file.
Now I created the ttx file myself by opening it in TagEditor, then translated in MemoQ, got back to TagEditor an exported successfully.
As I never worked in TagEditor I would like to ask: Is it really sufficient to open a word file in TagEditor to create a good ttx file? If so I will always ask to send me the word file and create the ttx file myself.

Heidrun
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ-processed TTX won't create Word file in TagEditor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »