Piotr Zięba
Piotr Zięba  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:32
Member (2012)
English to Polish
Apr 14, 2011

Hi,

Let's say I have used one TM (let's say it is a TM from the client) to pretranslate a document but I also have a second TM containing "potentially better" translations. I am working with a document and want memoQ to say "Hey, I have a translation in your TM which may be better than a translation coming from pre-translation process. Check it out and decide which is better".

Is memoQ capable of that?

Or is it possible in memoQ to automatically overwrite p
... See more
Hi,

Let's say I have used one TM (let's say it is a TM from the client) to pretranslate a document but I also have a second TM containing "potentially better" translations. I am working with a document and want memoQ to say "Hey, I have a translation in your TM which may be better than a translation coming from pre-translation process. Check it out and decide which is better".

Is memoQ capable of that?

Or is it possible in memoQ to automatically overwrite pretranslated segment with a TM hit?

Hope you know the answer

--
Best regards,
Piotr
Collapse

Michal Glowacki
Michal Glowacki  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
Overwrite with newer Apr 14, 2011

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but:
In the Translation Grid go to: Options->Miscellaneous->TM and Corpus match overwrites target.

Is this what you're looking for?

Cheers,
Michal

Piotr Zięba
Piotr Zięba  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2012)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Overwrite with newer strange behaviour Apr 14, 2011

Thanks for the tip Michał.
I've turned this option "on" and nothing happened. So I got back to the "Options->Miscellaneous" and found out that the checkbox is not marked. Each time when I switch the checkbox on and press OK, after getting back it is not checked... :|

What I really want to do is to go segment by segment while proofreading and stop on these segments where target is different than target in the TM.
I want memoQ to say "different target found in the TM" and
... See more
Thanks for the tip Michał.
I've turned this option "on" and nothing happened. So I got back to the "Options->Miscellaneous" and found out that the checkbox is not marked. Each time when I switch the checkbox on and press OK, after getting back it is not checked... :|

What I really want to do is to go segment by segment while proofreading and stop on these segments where target is different than target in the TM.
I want memoQ to say "different target found in the TM" and then I want to check the difference, decide which translation is better and insert it to the target segment.

I'm afraid memoQ is not capable of that
Collapse

Michal Glowacki
Michal Glowacki  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
Glitch Apr 14, 2011

Ah, that must be a glitch of sorts. You may want to turn to Support to report/ask about that one.

As for what you need...a workaround: in the TM settings you can change the match threshold to 100% or 101%. That way each time you're in a segment you will see only the 100/101% matches and you can compare them. It won't work like "translate to fuzzy", because I believe this is what you're essentially asking form, but maybe it will work. I don't have the time to check it now, so it's ju
... See more
Ah, that must be a glitch of sorts. You may want to turn to Support to report/ask about that one.

As for what you need...a workaround: in the TM settings you can change the match threshold to 100% or 101%. That way each time you're in a segment you will see only the 100/101% matches and you can compare them. It won't work like "translate to fuzzy", because I believe this is what you're essentially asking form, but maybe it will work. I don't have the time to check it now, so it's just a off-the-top-of-my-head sort of thing. Let me know if that works.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatically overwrite target pretranslated segment with TM hit

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »