Possible to change default export path?
Autor de la hebra: Profdoc
Profdoc
Profdoc
Local time: 07:06
sueco al inglés
May 23, 2011

In order not to interfere with our version control system, it would be very handy if I could change the default export path for translated files. I know how to to do this for individual files and projects but it would be great if I could just change it once for all files and projects. Is that possible?

Michal Glowacki
Michal Glowacki  Identity Verified
Polonia
Miembro 2010
inglés al polaco
+ ...
Yes May 23, 2011

Yes, it is possible. Go to Resources -> Export path rules. There you have rules for folders and for individual files. Clone the default ones (right click->clone) and then you can amend them as you wish. If you later select them as the defaults they will be automatically used for all new projects. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Michal

Profdoc
Profdoc
sueco al inglés
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Thanks! May 24, 2011

It's working!

One question though: How do I set my "homemade" rules as default – permanently, so to speak? For now, I have to manually select my custom file and folder rules every time I create a new project, which is OK, but your answer indicates I can set my custom rules as default This would be very handy. How do I do that?

Profdoc
Profdoc
sueco al inglés
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Just a short update May 26, 2011

OK, as often happens, I managed to figure this one out myself after I posted my reply.
In case anyone wonders how to set your own file/folder rules as default:
- Go to Tools > Options and click on the Export Path Rules icon (a kind of circle with an arrow) in the Default Resources category.
- Check the boxes for your customised rules to make them default. MemoQ:s own default file/fulder rules will uncheck automatically.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible to change default export path?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »