Can automatic tag insertion be switched off?
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:38
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 17, 2012

I'm working on a document with lots of tags that are automatically inserted at the end of practically every segment, but not in the spot they belong. That is how it should be, I guess, seeing as MemoQ can't know where they belong, but I'd rather have no tags inserted at all. I can add them much better myself by placing the cursor and pushing F8. If I forget to do so, quality check will remind me there is a tag missing. Now that MemoQ puts the tags in the segment in the wrong place, MemoQ's quali... See more
I'm working on a document with lots of tags that are automatically inserted at the end of practically every segment, but not in the spot they belong. That is how it should be, I guess, seeing as MemoQ can't know where they belong, but I'd rather have no tags inserted at all. I can add them much better myself by placing the cursor and pushing F8. If I forget to do so, quality check will remind me there is a tag missing. Now that MemoQ puts the tags in the segment in the wrong place, MemoQ's quality check will ignore them when I forget to put them where they belong or simply overlook them.

Can this automatic tag insertion at the end of the segment be turned off?

Thanks

- Marinus
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can automatic tag insertion be switched off?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »