Thread poster: Nathalie Renevier
Nathalie Renevier
Nathalie Renevier
Local time: 01:49
English to French
+ ...
Sep 28, 2012

Hi everydoby !

I'm trying MemoQ and I have a problem : I can't import my Power point files to translate them. I've got the following message :

memoQ has finished importing/updating your files. Please review the report below for possible warnings.

Bilingual update
Documents updated successfully 0
Documents updated with warnings 0
Update failed 0

File name Document/view in project Result Updated rows
... See more
Hi everydoby !

I'm trying MemoQ and I have a problem : I can't import my Power point files to translate them. I've got the following message :

memoQ has finished importing/updating your files. Please review the report below for possible warnings.

Bilingual update
Documents updated successfully 0
Documents updated with warnings 0
Update failed 0

File name Document/view in project Result Updated rows

Failed imports/reimports
File name Error message Details
1_20_physio_treat_EN_T2-new.pptx Une exception de type 'MemoQ.DocConverters.OpenXML.SchemataCreator.InputNotValidException' a été levée. Details

And when clicking on "Details"

TYPE:
MemoQ.DocConverters.OpenXML.SchemataCreator.InputNotValidException

Une exception de type 'MemoQ.DocConverters.OpenXML.SchemataCreator.InputNotValidException' a été levée.

SOURCE:
MemoQ.DocConverters.OpenXML.Common

I've tried to create another project, to rename the files, to change the pathway to access the files to be processed, to change the extension (ppt, pptx), to create new files (copy and paste the content in a new document, to suppress images, to reduce the size of some files. I always obtain the same error.

Anything else I could try to succeed in importing my Power point files? Any ideas or suggestions?

Nath
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What version of Powerpoint... Sep 28, 2012

...is installed in your machine?

Nathalie Renevier
Nathalie Renevier
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My power point version Sep 28, 2012

is Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:49
German to English
Problems with extended path and long file names Sep 28, 2012

I've had similar problems with various documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and it seems that files nested beneath numerous folder levels and/or with long file names don't always import into MemoQ. (Typical folder structure: Translation/2012/Client/Project number/Source files). Since I only work with copies of files, I rename the file to "A1.pptx" or something similar, since I can always change it back to the original name. This solution has almost always worked for me.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:49
Finnish to French
Isolated case? Sep 28, 2012

Someone had a similar error with a "somewhat complex document with mail-merge fields" in June 2010:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/memoQ/message/14348

No solution was offered, but perhaps it has to do with this one particular PowerPoint file. Have you tried other PowerPoint files? What version of memoQ do you use? Are you in a position to send the PPTX
... See more
Someone had a similar error with a "somewhat complex document with mail-merge fields" in June 2010:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/memoQ/message/14348

No solution was offered, but perhaps it has to do with this one particular PowerPoint file. Have you tried other PowerPoint files? What version of memoQ do you use? Are you in a position to send the PPTX in question? I could have a look at it if you want.
Collapse

Nathalie Renevier
Nathalie Renevier
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How it worked Sep 28, 2012

I was said by the support to uninstall the 6.0.55 version and to install the lastest one (6.0.58). That's what I did, and it worked.

Please, don't ask me why

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Impossible to import Power point files - Trial version

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »