Nilton Junior  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:01
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 9, 2012

Hi everyone,

I decided to reinstall my SO this last weekend and was able to activate memoQ. However, when I going to start working yesterday, it asked to be activated again. I tried to do so, but then I received the following error message: "Activation denied by the server (5). No valid licenses associated with the provided serial number."

I have already emailed Kilgray twice about this issue, but I have not heard back from them. Since it is already late in Hungary, I b
... See more
Hi everyone,

I decided to reinstall my SO this last weekend and was able to activate memoQ. However, when I going to start working yesterday, it asked to be activated again. I tried to do so, but then I received the following error message: "Activation denied by the server (5). No valid licenses associated with the provided serial number."

I have already emailed Kilgray twice about this issue, but I have not heard back from them. Since it is already late in Hungary, I believe I will not get any replies today.

I was wondering if there is anything I can do on my own. I know I can use the 002 suffix, but it is already in use on my laptop that is a few miles away (I am moving to a new place soon, so I left it there).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will update this topic again when I hear from Kilgray.
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:01
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My two cents Oct 9, 2012

Nilton Junior wrote:

Kilgray are the ones to help, I think. If you have reformatted your system or reinstalled the OS, it is possible that the license information no longer matches the computer system. Information about the computer is surely recorded when you request a license. To me this is something only Kilgray can help you with.

(BTW: I assume that we are talking about a purchased license for which you have a license number, not a trial version, right?)

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Hi Nilton, Oct 9, 2012

Try using 003. That should work.

Also, it will often register again if you just keep trying the Activation Wizard.

Good luck!

Michael

[Edited at 2012-10-09 19:02 GMT]

Nilton Junior
Brazil
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I really appreciate your help, guys! Oct 9, 2012

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

Nilton Junior wrote:

Kilgray are the ones to help, I think. If you have reformatted your system or reinstalled the OS, it is possible that the license information no longer matches the computer system. Information about the computer is surely recorded when you request a license. To me this is something only Kilgray can help you with.

(BTW: I assume that we are talking about a purchased license for which you have a license number, not a trial version, right?)

Hi Tomás,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I own a purchased license. I think I have it since mid 2011 or so and this is the first time that it stops working.

I also think that only Kilgray should be able to solve my issue, but I'm starting to get worried because I don't think I will hear from them today either. Next Friday is a national holiday in Brazil and I wanted to take the day off, but now it seems I'll need to work...

Michael Beijer wrote:

Try using 003. That should work.

Also, it will often register again if you just keep trying the Activation Wizard.

Good luck!

Michael

[Edited at 2012-10-09 19:02 GMT]

Hi Michael,

A few weeks ago, I contacted Kilgray to see if they could update my license to allow a third computer (I intended to pay for it, of course), but they said it wasn't possible as 003 should only be used by them to recover lost licenses. However, I really need to get some work done and I think I'll end up using it anyway and just hope that they are still able to recover my license.

I just tried the Activation Wizard 15 times in a row, but no luck.

Nilton Junior
Brazil
Member (2009)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry for the double post Oct 9, 2012

Hi everyone,

Kilgray finally replied me and now my license is active again. I am really glad that they have some people working late.

Tomás and Michael, thanks so much for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

License issue after SO installation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »