Anna Haxen
Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 21:20
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
Oct 29, 2012

I am working on a huge translation in MemoQ (not my most frequently used CAT tool) and I have this problem:

While fuzzy and 100% matches from previous translations (the client's online TM) do turn up, no repetitions or near-repetitions from within this particular document are appearing as matches the way they do when I use Wordfast or Trados. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Sebastijan P
Sebastijan P
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Some basics Oct 30, 2012

Hi,

sorry if this is too dumb to ask:

a) Do you confirm segments to a working/primary TM?
b) Do you see a symbol for repetitions next to the segment status?
c) Update memoQ to 6.0.63 (it might not help but having the latest version installed can be helpful sometimes).

Kind regards,
Sebastijan

Anna Haxen
Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 21:20
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not dumb at all Oct 30, 2012

Thank you for your help, Sebastijan. It helped point me in the right direction. Actually, I feel dumb now, because it turns out that I have been 'confirming without updating' (client's instructions). Also, I am denied access to the primary (client) TM, meaning that I couldn't confirm and update at all. I have now set my own TM to primary and this seems to have solved the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Repetitions not turning up as matches in 6.0.62

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »