Thread poster: Charlesp
Charlesp
Charlesp  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 17:59
English
+ ...
May 12, 2014

There must be a simple command in Memo! to "save" a file (i.e. exporting) to Word. Simply to deliver the file without any codes or TM.

How is this done?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Export (dialog) May 12, 2014

If you have imported a Word file into memoQ, you simply select the file to be exported and use the "Export (dialog)" link in the Translations pane of your project. I hope this helps!

Charlesp
Charlesp  Identity Verified
Sweden
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but... May 12, 2014

Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

If you have imported a Word file into memoQ, you simply select the file to be exported and use the "Export (dialog)" link in the Translations pane of your project. I hope this helps!

It if were only that simple.

I would think so, but it is only saving it with the "sdlxliff" extension, i.e. it can't be opened as a word file. Somehow I don't see the option of how to save it as a .doc. or .docx file.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Unfortunately you can't do it May 12, 2014

Charlesp wrote:
Tomás Cano Binder, CT wrote:

It if were only that simple.
I would think so, but it is only saving it with the "sdlxliff" extension, i.e. it can't be opened as a word file. Somehow I don't see the option of how to save it as a .doc. or .docx file.

OK, so you got a SDLXLIFF file for translation. This is a file made with SDL Studio, and to produce the Word file with the original format you also need SDL Studio, I'm afraid...

If the customer expects you to have SDL Studio (i.e. if you do not have it but told the customer that you do, which is a mistake as proven by today's situation), you will have to find some colleague who works in your same language pairs and who could save the Word file for you using Studio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting to Word - file for delivery

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »