Elma de Jong
Elma de Jong  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:28
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 27, 2015

I've got Windows 8.1 at the moment, but I'm seriously considering upgrading to Windows 10. I'm a bit worried though that it might not be compatible with MemoQ 2015. Does anyone know?

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 14:28
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
It runs fine Aug 27, 2015

No problem at all. memoQ 2015 (build 53) runs perfectly fine on Windows 10.

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
The same here Aug 27, 2015

No visible problem since upgrading...

Have fun!

Elma de Jong
Elma de Jong  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 27, 2015

Thanks for your quick responses, at least now I feel comfortable about things and can complete my registration for the upgrade!

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:28
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Okay from Windows 8.1 Aug 27, 2015

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 without any trouble.

Can't say the same about Windows 7, however. After moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I couldn't get WiFi. I did a lot of troubleshooting and found the WiFi driver in Windows 7 is not compatible with Windows 10 and Intel, who makes the driver, doesn't have a Windows 10 compatible driver for the WiFi card. So I reverted back to Windows 7 on the machine, hoping that in a few months the driver will become available.
... See more

Can't say the same about Windows 7, however. After moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I couldn't get WiFi. I did a lot of troubleshooting and found the WiFi driver in Windows 7 is not compatible with Windows 10 and Intel, who makes the driver, doesn't have a Windows 10 compatible driver for the WiFi card. So I reverted back to Windows 7 on the machine, hoping that in a few months the driver will become available.

In any case, Windows 7 and Windows 10 are not all that different, at least for keyboard machines.

[Edited at 2015-08-27 20:52 GMT]
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Not here Aug 28, 2015

That's odd. Since installing win 10, I've had to drop back to MemoQ 2013 R2. The 64 bit MemoQ 2015, constantly has "not responding" issues and has to be shut down via the task manager. The 32 bit version "runs out of memory". I'm happy others are having no problems, but wonder what could be going wrong over here? Studio 2015 runs like a dream, as do all other programs. Is 8mb of ram no longer enough for MemoQ? MemoQ support are not very responsive, apart from suggesting fixes that are already in... See more
That's odd. Since installing win 10, I've had to drop back to MemoQ 2013 R2. The 64 bit MemoQ 2015, constantly has "not responding" issues and has to be shut down via the task manager. The 32 bit version "runs out of memory". I'm happy others are having no problems, but wonder what could be going wrong over here? Studio 2015 runs like a dream, as do all other programs. Is 8mb of ram no longer enough for MemoQ? MemoQ support are not very responsive, apart from suggesting fixes that are already in place.

Olly
Collapse

Johan Venter
Johan Venter  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Dutch to English
+ ...
Serious issues Sep 14, 2015

I also have some serious issues with MemoQ 2015 on Windows 10. Every time the dialogue box opens for whatever reason in memoQ the programme freezes and the only way to unfreeze it is to touch the mouse pad on my laptop. Also when I switch between my browser and MemoQ it takes some time (and a touch of the mouse pad) to get the programme to respond. Many programme functions also do not work at all, e.g. find and replace, resolve errors and warnings.

I've decided to revert back to Mem
... See more
I also have some serious issues with MemoQ 2015 on Windows 10. Every time the dialogue box opens for whatever reason in memoQ the programme freezes and the only way to unfreeze it is to touch the mouse pad on my laptop. Also when I switch between my browser and MemoQ it takes some time (and a touch of the mouse pad) to get the programme to respond. Many programme functions also do not work at all, e.g. find and replace, resolve errors and warnings.

I've decided to revert back to MemoQ 2013 until these issues are resolved in a future release because it is extremely frustrating working like that.

It is worth mentioning that I only have these issues with MemoQ 2015, all my other programmes work very well on Windows 10.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:28
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
No problem with MemoQ Sep 14, 2015

To clarify my post above, I have no problem at all with memoQ 2015 running on Windows 10, which I am using all day. The problem I mentioned about upgrading from Win7 to Win10 had nothing to do with memoQ.

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:28
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same here Sep 15, 2015

MemoQ 7.5.61 runs fine on Win 10 64 bit, except for an add word count abberration that may have nothing to do with Windows 10.

In general I find Windows 10 an improvement and I quite like it, but the search function STILL does not find everything, so I will keep Agent Ransack on my desktop.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:28
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Didn't happen to me, John, Sep 15, 2015

John Fossey wrote:

In any case, Windows 7 and Windows 10 are not all that different, at least for keyboard machines.

[Edited at 2015-08-27 20:52 GMT]

I upgraded from WIn 7 straight to Win 10 in 2 computers, and everything was configured automatically. The only change I had to make in terms of networks was to re-share my shared folders. For some reason, Win 10 did not maintain them as shared.

blablablaz
blablablaz
Slovenia
Slovenian to German
+ ...
memoq 2014 R2 Oct 21, 2015

Hey there,

how about memoQ 2014 R2 on windows 10? I'm about to upgrade my computer...

Thnx.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility MemoQ 2015 with Windows 10

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »