Processing WSXZ files in MemoQ?
Thread poster: Bree Salmon
Bree Salmon
Bree Salmon  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 02:38
Japanese to English
Jun 17, 2016

Could someone give me a quick rundown of the process involved in importing a WSXZ file into MemoQ (hopefully without going through Trados at all) and then exporting it as a Trados-compatible package? As of 2013, it appears that it was necessary to convert the WSXZ file into a SDLXLIFF file first. Is this still the case?

I have a decent knowledge of MemoQ but don't have or know Trados at all.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:38
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
try this first: Jun 17, 2016

Bree Salmon wrote:

Could someone give me a quick rundown of the process involved in importing a WSXZ file into MemoQ (hopefully without going through Trados at all) and then exporting it as a Trados-compatible package? As of 2013, it appears that it was necessary to convert the WSXZ file into a SDLXLIFF file first. Is this still the case?

See: http://kilgray.com/memoq/2014R2/help-full-en/index.html?import_worldserver_packages.html

Good luck!

Michael

Bree Salmon
Bree Salmon  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 02:38
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 18, 2016

Thanks Michael! Seems my Google-fu failed me.

Omer Shani
Omer Shani  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:38
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Simple solution Jul 5, 2016

Bree Salmon wrote:

The most easy step you need to do, is to change the extntion of the WSXZ file to .zip

Then, you can export the package into your folder and locate the TMX + sdlxliff file, which are all importable into MQ

Omer Shani

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Processing WSXZ files in MemoQ?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »