boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:21
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

I would like to know if I can remove source tags. The source layout is poor: many segments have annoying line breaks, which have to be removed later, from the target DOCX file.

I have tried "Edit source" option, but after the segment editing is finished, MemoQ restores the deleted tags.

Is there any way around?

Thank you.

BTW, th
... See more
Hi,

I would like to know if I can remove source tags. The source layout is poor: many segments have annoying line breaks, which have to be removed later, from the target DOCX file.

I have tried "Edit source" option, but after the segment editing is finished, MemoQ restores the deleted tags.

Is there any way around?

Thank you.

BTW, this question is related to the topic http://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/307883-joining_segments_without_uninterpreted_tags_being_inserted.html

[Edited at 2016-12-15 20:22 GMT]
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Clean up source file Dec 15, 2016

If it's a docx file, you probably need to clean up the source file first and remove extraneous line breaks, etc., before importing.

[Edited at 2016-12-15 20:12 GMT]

boostrer
boostrer  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2007)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
* Dec 15, 2016

John Fossey wrote:

If it's a docx file, you probably need to clean up the source file first and remove extraneous line breaks, etc., before importing.

[Edited at 2016-12-15 20:12 GMT]

Thank you for the reply.

If there is no way to do this in MemoQ, it's OK, but this editing isn't in any way different from the post-translation review of the target DOC file.

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:21
Italian to English
+ ...
there are some third party tools that do this Dec 16, 2016

have you tried such tools as TransTools Document Cleaner?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Source tag removal

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »