Thread poster: Nicole Pemberton
Nicole Pemberton
Nicole Pemberton
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:03
English to French
+ ...
Aug 18, 2022

I would like to know if you can, once you have completed your translation in Memoq, export it to another software than Word - for example I use ODT which I find superior to Word - but once exported I automatically get redirected to Word. Many thanks for any help!

Stanislav Okhvat
Stanislav Okhvat
Local time: 11:03
English to Russian
Re: Word export Aug 19, 2022

Hello Nicole,

memoQ can export files in one of the following formats:
- Original format when you export the final file.
- Bilingual XLIFF files (MQXLZ, MQXLIFF, etc)
- Bilingual RTF file for editing in a word processor

As far as I know, memoQ can import OpenDocument files like ODT, so it can export to an ODT file as long as you import an ODT file.

If you want to export to an ODT file for bilingual editing (i.e. editing the translations in
... See more
Hello Nicole,

memoQ can export files in one of the following formats:
- Original format when you export the final file.
- Bilingual XLIFF files (MQXLZ, MQXLIFF, etc)
- Bilingual RTF file for editing in a word processor

As far as I know, memoQ can import OpenDocument files like ODT, so it can export to an ODT file as long as you import an ODT file.

If you want to export to an ODT file for bilingual editing (i.e. editing the translations in bilingual table format using a word processor), then you need to check whether your word processor supports RTF format. If not, you should use Word to save the bilingual RTF file to an ODT file first. If Word is not installed on your computer, you can try using Wordpad in Windows for editing the bilingual RTF file, although my tests show that bilingual RTF files created by memoQ are not fully editable in Wordpad (second column is not fully visible and there may be other limitations).

Best regards,
Stanislav Okhvat
TransTools – Useful tools for every translator
Collapse

Erwin van Wouw
Erwin van Wouw  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:03
English to Dutch
Change default Windows settings Aug 21, 2022

If you have instructed memoQ to ‘Automatically open target document after exporting’ in Options/Miscellaneous/Import&Export, memoQ will do just that in your default word processor as per your Windows settings.

The solution would be to change your default word processor in your Windows settings to OpenOffice or untick the ‘Automatically open target document after exporting’ check box and manually open the exported file in your preferred word processor.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word export

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »