Alexander Loktionov
Alexander Loktionov
Russian Federation
Aug 24, 2022

Hello, everyone.

I need to make a TB with terms that look like this in source:
$concept_shipping_lane$
[concept_shipping_lane]

and many others, some enclosed by brackets, and others - by $ symbols, often with the same content inside.

And I need the termcheck to discern between these variants. I labelled them as CaseSense,NoPrefix, but they keep getting mixed up - that is, if the source has $concept_shipping_lane$ in it, TB recognises both $conce
... See more
Hello, everyone.

I need to make a TB with terms that look like this in source:
$concept_shipping_lane$
[concept_shipping_lane]

and many others, some enclosed by brackets, and others - by $ symbols, often with the same content inside.

And I need the termcheck to discern between these variants. I labelled them as CaseSense,NoPrefix, but they keep getting mixed up - that is, if the source has $concept_shipping_lane$ in it, TB recognises both $concept_shipping_lane$ and [concept_shipping_lane]. This causes a lot of false positives during QA. How can I force MemoQ to recognise the enclosing symbols as well? I tried using escape sequneces, i.e.
\$concept_shipping_lane\$
\[concept_shipping_lane\]

but it doesn't help.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:41
English to Russian
What is NoPrefix? Aug 24, 2022

You have to change the 'Matching' setting to Exact for all terms.

Alexander Loktionov
Alexander Loktionov
Russian Federation
TOPIC STARTER
That's "Exact" Aug 25, 2022

That's what I meant by "noprefix" - the "Exact" setting. I used it, but it still ignores the surrounding brackets or $ symbols.

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Bug Aug 25, 2022

Yes, I tried that too with the same result. I think it can be reported as a bug.

Alexander Loktionov

Alexander Loktionov
Alexander Loktionov
Russian Federation
TOPIC STARTER
Reporting a bug Aug 29, 2022

Thank for testing it. Could you please advise how to report the bug correctly? I don't see this option on the MemoQ help page.

Stepan Konev
Russian Federation
English to Russian
Help center Aug 29, 2022

You have to sign up with their help center if you haven't yet. You don't need a support subscription or anything else for that. I don't know if they accept requests now from the Russian users, though. But you can try. I contacted them last time before February 24, but they still send webinar invitations, links to new versions, etc.

[Edited at 2022-08-29 12:0
... See more
You have to sign up with their help center if you haven't yet. You don't need a support subscription or anything else for that. I don't know if they accept requests now from the Russian users, though. But you can try. I contacted them last time before February 24, but they still send webinar invitations, links to new versions, etc.

[Edited at 2022-08-29 12:00 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

terms in brackets or special symbols

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »