Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:38
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 14, 2022

Hello everyone

Do you have any ideas what might cause this error message when I try to export an SDXLIFF file?

TYPE:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

SOURCE:
mscorlib

My job has three SDLXLIFF files, and only this one fails to export.
<
... See more
Hello everyone

Do you have any ideas what might cause this error message when I try to export an SDXLIFF file?

TYPE:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

SOURCE:
mscorlib

My job has three SDLXLIFF files, and only this one fails to export.

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:38
Danish to English
+ ...
Support Sep 14, 2022

You will probably get a better answer from memoQ support. You can report suspected bugs even if you don't have a subscription.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I do Sep 14, 2022

Thomas T. Frost wrote:
You will probably get a better answer from memoQ support. You can report suspected bugs even if you don't have a subscription.

I do have a subscription, but right now the MemoQ support website just keeps asking me to click the images with lions in them. Over and over and over, so there's something wrong with MemoQ's captcha that doesn't let me get to the actual support site.

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
URL Sep 14, 2022

Weird. https://helpcenter.memoq.com/hc/en-us does not give me any problems. They have changed their support URL a couple of times. Are you using the most recent? You could clear all memoQ cookies or try another browser to see if that makes a difference.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
SA Sep 14, 2022

Samuel Murray wrote:

right now the MemoQ support website just keeps asking me to click the images with lions in them. Over and over and over, so there's something wrong with MemoQ's captcha that doesn't let me get to the actual support site.

Perhaps change your locale from South Africa to Holland?

Thomas T. Frost

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Lions Sep 14, 2022

Hans Lenting wrote:

Perhaps change your locale from South Africa to Holland?

Then it will probably just be images of tulips instead.

Hans Lenting

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, but Sep 14, 2022

Thomas T. Frost wrote:
Weird. https://helpcenter.memoq.com/hc/en-us does not give me any problems.

Yes, but then you have to click "Submit a request":
https://helpcenter.memoq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
which gives me lions.

lions

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anyway Sep 14, 2022

Anyway, I solved the problem through a process of elimination: reloading and reloading the problematic file, re-exporting and re-importing over and over, each time accepting all tracked changes in a different range of segments, until I finally found the segment that causes the error.

In this, I'm once again astounded that MemoQ doesn't have an "undo" function for e.g. when you've selected a bunch of segments and "accepted" the changes. Unlike in Trados, whatever you do in MemoQ is
... See more
Anyway, I solved the problem through a process of elimination: reloading and reloading the problematic file, re-exporting and re-importing over and over, each time accepting all tracked changes in a different range of segments, until I finally found the segment that causes the error.

In this, I'm once again astounded that MemoQ doesn't have an "undo" function for e.g. when you've selected a bunch of segments and "accepted" the changes. Unlike in Trados, whatever you do in MemoQ is permanent (so you have to re-load and re-export at every step all over again).
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Support Sep 14, 2022

I've never had that problem. Maybe they think you are submitting the lion's share of support tickets.

I can open a ticket to ask them to contact you and how to bypass this blockage, pointing to this forum, if you want.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:38
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Undo/Redo in MemoQ Sep 14, 2022

Samuel Murray wrote:

In this, I'm once again astounded that MemoQ doesn't have an "undo" function

Undo is Ctrl+Z
Redo is Ctrl+Y

Shukriya
Shukriya
United Kingdom
Somali to English
+ ...
Solution Jan 16, 2023

I came across the same problem you identified above. In my case I went back to the document and checked that all tags are in place. I found that I missed 1 tag and after adding the tag and in correct place the issue went away and I could export my document without issues.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Index out of range when exporting an SDLXLIFF file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »