How to make a backup of the settings for a new installation?
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:57
Spanish
+ ...
Sep 21, 2022

Hello. I will be installing MemoQ on a new system so I need to reinstall MemoQ.

With Trados, I can just save a profile. With MemoQ, I'm lost.

I need to preserve my locations, settings (all of them), regex, servers, etc.

I would appreciate your help.

Clau

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:57
Danish to English
+ ...
No official procedure yet Sep 21, 2022

They are developing such a procedure, but until it's ready, you can perhaps make the procedure I described at https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/329323-transferring_license_from_one_pc_to_another_one.html work.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:57
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 21, 2022

Thank you Thomas for being so thorough, I'll give it a try once I get home. It seems unbelievable how something so necessary is not readily available.

Grigori Gazarian

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:57
Danish to English
+ ...
Another option Sep 21, 2022

Another option is to install a full-disk backup system such as Acronis, run a complete disk backup of the entire system to another disk and then restore it on the new computer. Then you'll have all your applications and their customisation too.

It's also good to keep, as you'll always have a full local or cloud (or both) backup of your entire drive that can be restored in case of loss of or damage to your disk. It can also run ongoing backups so you'll never lose more than a couple
... See more
Another option is to install a full-disk backup system such as Acronis, run a complete disk backup of the entire system to another disk and then restore it on the new computer. Then you'll have all your applications and their customisation too.

It's also good to keep, as you'll always have a full local or cloud (or both) backup of your entire drive that can be restored in case of loss of or damage to your disk. It can also run ongoing backups so you'll never lose more than a couple of hours' work in case of a drive crash.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make a backup of the settings for a new installation?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »