Local termbases not working (in remote project)
Thread poster: Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:53
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 11, 2022

Hi All,

I am working on a project in my client's server, and decided to add a couple of local termbases to the project. I was able to do that and add a couple of terms to one of those termbases. Now I can not add terms anymore, to any of the 2 termbases, and I do not see any matches from terms I know are in the termbase

Any sugestions, please?

Thank you,
José Ruivo

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
More info Oct 11, 2022

I presume you are using the desktop software. I use local TBs and TMs in server projects all the time.

When you add a term from within the translation editor, you need to check which TB you are adding it to. The client's TB is probably the default, so you need to change that once in each project. You can do that from the pane to add a term (Ctrl+E) or from the Term bases tab to the left on the window where you can see the project files.

For better matching, you may need
... See more
I presume you are using the desktop software. I use local TBs and TMs in server projects all the time.

When you add a term from within the translation editor, you need to check which TB you are adding it to. The client's TB is probably the default, so you need to change that once in each project. You can do that from the pane to add a term (Ctrl+E) or from the Term bases tab to the left on the window where you can see the project files.

For better matching, you may need to change the TB's case setting not to be case sensitive in the TB's Properties and also change the sensitivity of each term. The default is unfortunately a type of case sensitivity.
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 21:53
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Are they still selected Oct 11, 2022

Are the term bases still selected and active in the project? Do they still have a check mark next to them?

I recently came across a bug that randomly(?) deselected my main term base from the list of TBs in my project. (I am using version 9.12 but did some back and forth between 8.3 and 9.12, which might have played a role.)

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No luck... Oct 12, 2022

Hi Thomas,

I presume you are using the desktop software.

Correct.

[quote]
[quote]
Yes, I do that. The client has provided no termbase, so there only one or two that I added to the project.

For better matching, you may need to change the TB's case setting not to be case sensitive in the TB's Properties and also change the sensitivity of each term. The default is unfortunately a type of case sensitivity.

It won't let me do any change to the TB now... I might resort to creating a new termbase soon, to see if that helps.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2022-10-12 09:38 GMT]

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There are Oct 12, 2022

Epameinondas Soufleros wrote:
Are the term bases still selected and active in the project? Do they still have a check mark next to them?

Yes.

I recently came across a bug that randomly(?) deselected my main term base from the list of TBs in my project. (I am using version 9.12 but did some back and forth between 8.3 and 9.12, which might have played a role.)

I am running version 9.7.27 ...

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Local TB? Oct 12, 2022

Jose Ruivo wrote:

It won't let me do any change to the TB now... I might resort to creating a new termbase soon, to see if that helps.

Are you sure the TB was created locally on your own drive and not accidentally on the client's server? The latter would explain why you can't change anything.

Jose Ruivo
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New termbase Oct 12, 2022

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Jose Ruivo wrote:

Are you sure the TB was created locally on your own drive and not accidentally on the client's server? The latter would explain why you can't change anything.

I am sure.
Just created a new TB, and it's working now.. Go figure .

Thanks,

Thomas T. Frost
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Odd Oct 12, 2022

Very strange. But good the new one is working.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Local termbases not working (in remote project)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »