Tool to prune ‘repair’ files created when repairing translation memories/termbases
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:37
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Feb 2, 2023

When running Repair on a TM/TB, a multitude of ‘repair’ files are created. Over time, this makes the TM/TB folder on your disk grow drasitcally in size. This greatly slows down working with these folders when trying to backup and restore them with a backup tool.

I currently have a TM in memoQ (which has been repaired many times), which is only 800 MB if exported to a TMX, but the folder under memoQ\Translation Memories is 37 GB! I just had to restore this folder with my Backupbl
... See more
When running Repair on a TM/TB, a multitude of ‘repair’ files are created. Over time, this makes the TM/TB folder on your disk grow drasitcally in size. This greatly slows down working with these folders when trying to backup and restore them with a backup tool.

I currently have a TM in memoQ (which has been repaired many times), which is only 800 MB if exported to a TMX, but the folder under memoQ\Translation Memories is 37 GB! I just had to restore this folder with my Backupblaze, over a slow internet connection. It obviously took FOREVER. If this TM had been pruned, it would have taken a fragment of the time.

The folder currently contains a multitude of files like this:

Entries.mtx.repair1
Entries.mtx.repair2
Entries.mtx.repair3
Entries.mtx.repair4
Entries.mtx.repair5
Entries.mtx.repair6

Entries.mtx.repair45
etc.

Context.mtx.repair1
Context.mtx.repair2
Context.mtx.repair3
Context.mtx.repair4
Context.mtx.repair5

Context.mtx.repair99
etc.

I just created an Idea over at the memoQ Users' Idea Portal @ https://ideas.memoq.com/ideas/PUBL-I-686

If you would like to see this implemented please upvote!

Michael
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:37
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
new Idea (‘Delete TB entries directly from AutoPick list (via keyboard shortcut)’) Feb 4, 2023

see: https://ideas.memoq.com/ideas/PUBL-I-692 (‘Delete TB entries directly from AutoPick list (via keyboard shortcut’)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tool to prune ‘repair’ files created when repairing translation memories/termbases

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »