Can't edit an imported SDLXLIFF
Thread poster: Rita Translator
Rita Translator
Rita Translator  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:48
German to English
Jul 13, 2023

I imported a bilingual SDLXLIFF to proofread it, but I can't edit the segments (the right-click edit target option is also grayed out). Anyone know what the problem might be? I've done this before with other translators who use Trados and haven't had any issues, so I'm assuming it's a setting on their end that needs to be changed?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Rita Jul 13, 2023

Rita Translator wrote:
I imported a bilingual SDLXLIFF to proofread it, but I can't edit the segments (the right-click edit target option is also grayed out).

Are those segments locked?

Rita Translator
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
No Jul 13, 2023

Samuel Murray wrote:

Rita Translator wrote:
I imported a bilingual SDLXLIFF to proofread it, but I can't edit the segments (the right-click edit target option is also grayed out).

Are those segments locked?

They are not. Every segment has a comment where I can see that it was approved by a reviewer (I assume that's how memoQ is interpreting the information in the Trados file that it's reviewer-approved), but they're not locked.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:48
Danish to English
+ ...
Role Jul 13, 2023

Could it be your Role setting? What is it?

Rita Translator
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
mixed project Jul 13, 2023

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Could it be your Role setting? What is it?

Good thought. I'm the one who sent the file in the first place, then I got it back as an SDLXLIFF that I opened in memoQ. So there were no roles assigned in memoQ yet. I now assigned myself as Reviewer 2 to see if that would fix the problem, but I still couldn't edit the target segments.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't edit an imported SDLXLIFF

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »