Nikita Kobrin
Nikita Kobrin  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 03:42
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 11, 2002

Below is a message from David Orpin sent to the subscribers of the Payment Practices mailing list. I do share his words...

Dear colleagues,

Please take a moment today to remember the victims of the terrible terrorist attack one year ago today in New York City, Washington, DC and Shanksville, Pennsylvania and in your own way say a short prayer for them. I am sure that many of you will have seen the TV specials recalling, especially, the attacks on the
... See more
Below is a message from David Orpin sent to the subscribers of the Payment Practices mailing list. I do share his words...

Dear colleagues,

Please take a moment today to remember the victims of the terrible terrorist attack one year ago today in New York City, Washington, DC and Shanksville, Pennsylvania and in your own way say a short prayer for them. I am sure that many of you will have seen the TV specials recalling, especially, the attacks on the World Trade Center. I think television must be full of them just about everywhere in these days. I had to fight back the tears hearing some stories. I am sure some of you must have had similar difficulties. This date must never be forgotten. The victims must never be forgotten. Thank you.

David Orpin

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-09-11 18:16 ]
Collapse

TService (X)
TService (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:42
English to German
Something I'd like to add. Sep 11, 2002

Remember ALL people dying from injustice and war. We\'ve seen the outcome of war. Far too often. War IS injustice. Let\'s pray for the return of understanding and peace - and try to stop EVERY upcoming war right before it\'s beginning. Stopping a war means not to fight.

But starting to THINK.

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 19:42
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
this is not a war, this is a genocide... Sep 12, 2002

In Russian there is a saying: (my fast rendering, sorry: those who raise the sword, will perish from it...).I believe this will happen, and sooner, the better.

If terrorists want to eliminate people, they are to be eliminated.

Quote:

On 2002-09-11 20:35, TService wrote:

Remember ALL people dying from injustice and war. We\'ve seen the outcome of war. Far too often. War IS injustice. Let\'s pray for t... See more
In Russian there is a saying: (my fast rendering, sorry: those who raise the sword, will perish from it...).I believe this will happen, and sooner, the better.

Quote:

Remember ALL people dying from injustice and war. We\'ve seen the outcome of war. Far too often. War IS injustice. Let\'s pray for the return of understanding and peace - and try to stop EVERY upcoming war right before it\'s beginning. Stopping a war means not to fight.

But starting to THINK.

Collapse

Arthur Borges
Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 08:42
English
+ ...
Prayers Sep 12, 2002

Personally I believe that the true perpetrators of suc deeds will never be cauht: all I can do is to pray for those who suffer as much as I pray for those who cause suffering.
[addsig]

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
German to English
TSERVICE, I'M WITH YOU 110% Sep 12, 2002

Quote:

But starting to THINK.

With much emphasis on understanding and THINKING!

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Germany
German to English
Vladimir, I believe you are contradicting yourself ... Sep 12, 2002

[quote]

On 2002-09-12 02:40, vvd wrote:

[quote]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-09-12 12:06 ]

Ann VDP
Ann VDP
French to Dutch
+ ...
Let's not forget... Sep 12, 2002

... that approximately 36,000 children died of famine that very same day...

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:42
Member (2004)
English to Italian
I would also like to remember... Sep 12, 2002

the many innocent Afghan victims who died during the bombing of Afghanistan and of which we do know nothing.

G

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 20:42
SITE FOUNDER
Closing the thread Sep 12, 2002

The rule we have been using for the off-topic forum is that threads can cover any topic, as long as they are not controversial. Now that there is some discord showing in this one, I am locking the topic.

Peace.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Remember 9-11

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »