Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: If one of your good clients offered to hire you as a full-time employee, would you accept?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 18:04
Japanese to English
Depends on the conditions Dec 30, 2023

If the money is good (really good) and the job is remote (fully remote) with flexible hours, we could work something out. Never say never.

Kay Denney

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:04
French to English
. Jan 2

While I agree with Tom given my professional experience (that my partner calls "unlucky")... I'm at a stage where I wouldn't mind being an employee if the money is good enough and they let me work from home (that's WFH for you, Tom!) and have flexible hours so that I can still enjoy the routine I have as a freelancer, fitting visits to the dog park, swimming and art exhibitions in during the week and making up for time at the weekend.
Oh and no exclusivity clause because I would very much
... See more
While I agree with Tom given my professional experience (that my partner calls "unlucky")... I'm at a stage where I wouldn't mind being an employee if the money is good enough and they let me work from home (that's WFH for you, Tom!) and have flexible hours so that I can still enjoy the routine I have as a freelancer, fitting visits to the dog park, swimming and art exhibitions in during the week and making up for time at the weekend.
Oh and no exclusivity clause because I would very much like to continue working for some of my direct clients, who are all really lovely and give me really interesting texts to translate.
Collapse

Rachel Waddington

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: If one of your good clients offered to hire you as a full-time employee, would you accept?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »