Thread poster: Norskpro
Norskpro
Norskpro
Norway
Local time: 17:51
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Mar 8, 2015

I received this strange job offer. It is strange because I don't know why they would think that my skills and experiences are an "ideal fit". How do they know? They ask for my "profile" further down. The agency works "throughout Europe", yet does not seem to have a professional e-mail address.
The job is apparently "perfect" for "housewives".

I wonder if other Proz members have received this mail.

"XXXX Agency is happy to make you the following job opportunity!
... See more
I received this strange job offer. It is strange because I don't know why they would think that my skills and experiences are an "ideal fit". How do they know? They ask for my "profile" further down. The agency works "throughout Europe", yet does not seem to have a professional e-mail address.
The job is apparently "perfect" for "housewives".

I wonder if other Proz members have received this mail.

"XXXX Agency is happy to make you the following job opportunity! The job our Company is providing is the Photographer of road signs and road's damage in the boroughs in Europe. Our Enterprise feels certain that your skills and experience will be an ideal fit for our Enterprise, cause this work does not required for any special skills and job sophistications. XXXX Agency also will supply you with all that is needed to begin the job, it means that we will provide you with not only all full work manuals but we will supply you with all essential technics – professional camera and suitable soft ware without any working expenses. XXXX Agency works throughout Europe therefore we are taking interest in all European cities and towns. That is why Enterprise will give you the possibility to to work within a few kilometers of your place. This post is perfect for beneficiaries, housewives, free-lance workers, and all people older than 18 years old in need of extra income. The initial payment is €20 per hour and is paid on a weekly basis. As we comprehend that the most of our recruters have the main places of work we will take up with you the working hours weekly to make the job process more conductive for you. If you make a decision to accept this job opportunity we kindly ask you to send your brief profile on this e-mail: [email protected] and we will send you contracr for signing and all further information. We look forward to welcoming you to the XXXX Agency team. Please let us know if you have any questions and we will provide you with any additional information.
Sincerely,
XXXX Agency"
Collapse

Didde Gaardsted
Didde Gaardsted  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
Hilarious Mar 8, 2015

I just love this sentence: "Our Enterprise feels certain that your skills and experience will be an ideal fit for our Enterprise, cause this work does not required for any special skills and job sophistications."

Flattery will get you anywhere...

Norskpro
Norskpro
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
One just has to laugh Mar 8, 2015

Not very flattering that my skills and experience are the perfect fit simply "cause this work does not required for any special skills and job sophistications." I find it all rather funny.

Will they send me a "professional camera and suitable soft ware" in the mail to do this photography job?

I just don't get what they want, as I doubt a job that offers €20 an hour will tempt anyone to reply.

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
:) Mar 8, 2015

Made me laugh as well...

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Quite amusing Mar 8, 2015

Do they have a website or a page here on ProZ.com? Have they checked your profile page? What if you weren't 18 yet?

On second thought, you have a profile here, so you cannot be a perfect fit for their enterprise because... you are a skilled professional. LOL

Paweł Hamerski
Paweł Hamerski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
wait till they ask for say 200 whatever as a deposit Mar 9, 2015

for sending a camera.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »