Annet Fransen
Annet Fransen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:33
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jan 7, 2004

Dear translators,

I'm (seriously) considering going to a conference on subtitling in London. I have worked as a freelance translator for a while, but have no experience in subtitling. The conference program looks really interesting. (Check it out at: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/LIS/CTS/insomanywords.htm) An important reason for me to want to go here is that it seems like a good
... See more
Dear translators,

I'm (seriously) considering going to a conference on subtitling in London. I have worked as a freelance translator for a while, but have no experience in subtitling. The conference program looks really interesting. (Check it out at: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/LIS/CTS/insomanywords.htm) An important reason for me to want to go here is that it seems like a good place to meet other translators and to do some networking. Is there anyone else who's going here and who might be interested in attending a few events together (no need to be 'joined at the hip' )
The conference is 6-7 february, but I might go just one day since it is a little pricy (100 pounds/day)

[Edited at 2004-01-08 09:59]
Collapse

mbc
mbc
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
i would love to go Jan 8, 2004

hi, i just checked out the link and it looks great! thanks for the tip. it is quite expensive and i´ll have to do some thinking/research about places to stay, flight costs, etc. (i live in barcelona)let´s keep in touch in though!
take care, madeline

Annet Fransen
Annet Fransen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Jan 8, 2004

Wonderful! I'm thinking of how to make it 'low budget' as well. I'll probably stay in a youth hostel. The one at Earl's Court is supposed to be pretty decent (19 pounds/night). Ryanair (check Ryanair.com) has cheap flights from my hometown (about 50 euros roundtrip incl. tax) and I'm pretty sure they fly to Barcelona as well.
Let's try and make this work, cause it sounds like fun!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling conference in London

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »