Robert Kleemaier
Robert Kleemaier  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:20
Member (2004)
Dutch to English
May 20, 2011

Dear colleagues,

A potential client has an online product - video clips - it wants to have translated from
English into a couple of different languages. The source text has been delivered in Word format, but has to be translated into an XML time-coded format for adoption into their own software. FWIW, their format is similar to BlueRay with multiple subtitling options.

What would be the best approach/software for getting this done properly? RSVP.

Kin
... See more
Dear colleagues,

A potential client has an online product - video clips - it wants to have translated from
English into a couple of different languages. The source text has been delivered in Word format, but has to be translated into an XML time-coded format for adoption into their own software. FWIW, their format is similar to BlueRay with multiple subtitling options.

What would be the best approach/software for getting this done properly? RSVP.

Kind regards,
Robert
Collapse

kmtext
kmtext
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:20
English
+ ...
Any of the major professional systems should do. May 23, 2011

Swift (Softel), WinCAPS (Sysmedia), Isis (Starfish), Poliscript (Screen Systems) or Spot (Spot Systems) should be able to do the job. I can't speak for the free subtitling packages as I've never used them. Prices for the above packages start from around GBP1,500, and most of the producers will provide either a fully-funtional time-limited trial version or a limited functionality trial version, either free or at a fee which can be deducted from the purchase cost of a full version.

If
... See more
Swift (Softel), WinCAPS (Sysmedia), Isis (Starfish), Poliscript (Screen Systems) or Spot (Spot Systems) should be able to do the job. I can't speak for the free subtitling packages as I've never used them. Prices for the above packages start from around GBP1,500, and most of the producers will provide either a fully-funtional time-limited trial version or a limited functionality trial version, either free or at a fee which can be deducted from the purchase cost of a full version.

If you're working with a Mac, Belle Nuit Subtitler is another (cheaper) option although I've found it quite fiddly to use, and tend to author on Swift and export through BNS when required.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best (subtitling) software for TTML project

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »