Subtitling Webseries
Thread poster: translation1201
Jul 11, 2011

Hello all
I'm subtitling a spanish internet series into english for a masters dissertation. I'm wondering if subtitling webseries differs at all from subtitling other forms of media, if there are any extra considerations/difficulties related to subtitling this new media. I'm having trouble finding anything that has been written on this subject.
Thanks very much to anybody who takes the time to respond.
Much appreciated

Cristina Manoli
Cristina Manoli  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 01:02
English to Romanian
+ ...
Universal Subtitles Jul 13, 2011

Have you heard about Universal Subtitles: http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/
Maybe it will help. They say it's "The fastest way to add subtitle functionality to a single video or a whole site. Super easy to integrate with no software to install."

Best of luck!
Cristina

translation1201
translation1201
TOPIC STARTER
subtitling webseries Jul 14, 2011

Hello,
This s not really what I'm looking for. I'm more interested in how the process of subtitling a webseries may differ from that of a film? Does anybody have experience in subtitling webseries?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling Webseries

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »